*This article appeared in the 4/1/02 Joke Issue* The most anticipated movie of the summer will now feature three of Penn's finest.

Set for release on June 16, Warner Bros.' Scooby-Doo has incorporated Penn junior Yale Cohen and sophomores Andy Radu and Jeff Breen -- the trio of foilists who made headway this past fencing season -- into a screenplay that blends mystery and comedy.

Scooby-Doo revolves around the original Hanna-Barbera gang: Fred, Shaggy, Daphne, Velma and, of course, Scooby. The characters arrive at Spooky Island for spring break and, as always, they encounter a mystery.

During production, producers Joseph Barbera and William Hanna felt that Velma's character, played by Linda Cardellini, needed a partner to better compliment the romance between Fred [Freddie Prinze Jr.] and Daphne [Sarah Michelle Gellar].

"The testosterone level in the theaters, we knew, was going to be high," Hanna said. "But we needed a draw for female viewers.

"The love between Alfons and Velma provides that. Andy gives it that necessary sex appeal."

Radu plays an Italian fencer who comes to sweep Velma off her feet just as she becomes disenchanted with her DOA love life.

"I'm psyched," Radu said. "I always wanted to work with Velma.

"Growing up, everyone was always like, 'Daphne this, Daphne that.' But I was like, 'No man, Velma's where it's at."

Cohen and Breen are introduced later in the movie to take Radu back so that the three can resume their summer fencing program for 15-year-old Catholic school girls, the imagistic implications of which are loaded with sword/phallus metaphors.

In the film, Cohen picks a fight with Fred and rips the stud's trademark orange ascot.

"The fight scene makes the movie worth seeing," Cohen said. "Not only do you get to see me, but I fight, and I'm good at that."

Breen's character is somewhat more nondescript.

"I'm really not sure why I was there," Breen said. "They just handed me a foil, mask and pair of knicks and told me to stand behind Yale."

Cohen agreed.

"I thought I stole the show, but Jeff -- he was just sort of creepy," Cohen said.

"Every time I looked behind me, he was just there... staring over my shoulder."