The best two football teams the Ivy League has seen in quite a while dominated the All-Ivy voting this year.

Twenty-five of the 44 available spots on the Ancient Eight's first and second teams went to members of the Penn and Harvard squads.

Crimson wide receiver Carl Morris won the Bushnell Cup as the Ivy League Player of the Year. Morris, a junior, holds virtually all of Harvard's receiving records.

Morris is the first Harvard player to win the award since quarterback Jim Stoekel won it in 1973.

Quakers quarterback Gavin Hoffman won the award last year, but his numbers fell off this season. Hoffman was replaced on the All-Ivy first team by Harvard signal-caller Neil Rose, who threw for 20 touchdowns on the season.

Despite placing second behind the Crimson in the Ivy League race, fifteen Quakers earned spots on one of the two lists, compared to Harvard's 10.

The Quakers had four first-team, unanimous selections, including senior running back Kris Ryan, who was the Ivy League's rushing leader for the second time in three years. The three other unanimous picks were offensive lineman Jeff Hatch, defensive lineman John Galan and linebacker Travis Belden.

Galan and Belden were hardly alone, as nine of the Quakers 11 defensive starters were named to either the first or second teams. Included on the first team were defensive linemen Ed Galan and Chris Pennington, giving the Quakers three-fourths of the All-Ivy defensive line.

Ed Galan is John's brother, and this is the second time in history that two brothers were named to the all-Ivy first team at the same position.

The first was last year, when the Galan brothers accomplished the very same feat.