David Klatsky plays in the JSBL. Jacques-Jean Tiziou/ SP File Photo

If it's a drubbing you're looking for, look no further than Los Angeles, when the Lakers and Clippers get together on the court.

Last Tuesday's Jersey Shore Basketball League matchup between LB Financial and Seaview Jeep had similar results.

LB Financial's Shaq and Kobe -- Penn sophomore Adam Chubb and his Quakers teammate junior David Klatsky -- led their team to a trouncing of Seaview Jeep, 120-78, at St. Rose High School in Belmar, N.J.

The 6'10", 220-pound Chubb led his team with 28 points and 12 rebounds, while Klatsky added 20 points for LB Financial.

Both Chubb and Klatsky are JSBL veterans, as are three other Penn basketball players -- Tim Begley, Jeff Schiffner and Andy Toole -- who are also playing there this summer. Begley joins Chubb and Klatsky on LB Financial, while Schiffner and Toole play for the Allenhurst Barbers.

In the only meeting between the two teams on June 27, Allenhurst came away with a 20-point victory.

Regardless of that outcome, both teams benefited by having players who are on the same college team.

"Playing with someone from your team is very helpful because you already know the person's strengths," Schiffner said. "With Toole, it's great because we can work together on the court, and it makes things easier on both of us."

Last Monday, Allenhurst was defeated by Coast Honda, 126-113. Toole had 20 points and five assists in his team's losing effort, and connected on 3-of-5 from downtown. Schiffner added 11 points for the Barbers.

"My performance [in the game] was pretty good," Toole said. "I would have liked to create some more, but I didn't."

Toole, like many other college athletes, competes in the summer to keep his skills sharp for when he returns back to school in the fall.

"The thing that I get out of the league is the chance to play some great competition and get the feeling of a game back," Toole said. "Prior to the league I had not played in a game situation since last August. That [feeling] is important to me because without a quality league I would have wasted the first few games of our regular season on finding my rhythm."

Schiffner agrees, and points to the organized games as a major plus in his time off from school.

"Playing summer basketball is a good way to keep the competitive edge," Schiffner said. "Just working out and shooting will help you develop your game, but it just doesn't carry the same competitiveness that a game would."

Both have a set plan for that development, as each targets specific parts of his game that he wants to improve.

"I have been trying to improve my ability to get to the basket and either dish the ball or score myself," Toole said.

Schiffner, on the other hand, is more focused on his jump shot, defense and rebounding.

Of course, only the winter season will tell if the summer work has paid off.

"The season is usually a pretty good indicator of the time that is put into the offseason," Schiffner said. "Hopefully, we'll all see results this winter."