Sarah Bruscia broke her own school record on the uneven bars for the Quakers, who easily topped Wilson. On a day that saw another school record broken and a new personal best set, the Penn gymnastics team's seniors said goodbye to Hutchinson Gymnasium in commanding style. The Quakers' total of 189.125 points dwarfed Wilson's 175.450, and Penn's four seniors ended their careers at Hutchinson in the same fashion they started them -- with unprecedented success. "As freshmen, they came in and helped lead a team that in '95 and '96 had recruiting difficulties," Penn coach Tom Kovic said. "They helped lift the program to the next level." Consistent with season-long performances, Penn's beam team provided the most outstanding routines of the meet. Turning in an outstanding performance on beam, Penn junior Sarah Bruscia broke her own school record of 9.825, established last season, with a meet-high 9.850. "Sarah's performance was simply brilliant," Kovic said. In addition, senior Joci Newman established a personal best score on balance beam with a score of 9.800 in her last regular season meet at home. "I'm glad that it happened here. It's just a good ending. I don't have any regrets with this team," Newman said. Penn captain Lizzie Jacobson contributed two solid routines in her return to the lineup after sitting out all last season with a knee injury. "Lizzie's just heroic comeback on bars and beam was just fantastic. She's worked so hard to get back into the lineup and she demonstrated that today," Kovic said. More significant than the loss of solid gymnastics scores, however, will be the new absence of leadership that the seniors have provided throughout the season. "They are one of the most motivational and spirited classes," Penn sophomore Lauren Hittner said. "We're going to miss their presence a lot." The meet did not go as smoothly as the Quakers had planned, with injuries and illness affecting the lineups. Junior Jenn Capasso is day to day with a hyper-extended knee, and junior Kelly Haberer is still bothered by her sprained foot ligament. "I stuck the landing on bars [at Saturday's meet], and my foot really hurt. I'll be on bars next weekend, but I'm probably done vaulting for the season," Haberer said. Sophomore Sarah Tudryn, crowned Ivy Classic champion on uneven bars in last week's meet, was out with the flu. But, despite the absence of some of the Quakers' most solid gymnasts, the team put together a strong, consistent effort. "With some people out today, the people that stepped into the lineup really stepped up for us," Penn senior Kirby Thorpe said. Up next on the agenda for the Quakers is the Wolfpack Invitational this Saturday, hosted by North Carolina State. "[The meet] is going to prepare us for ECACs. It's in the championship format and we're going to be competing against some of the top teams in the country," Kovic said. "We look forward to meets like this because it's such a high level of competition. Ivy and ECAC rival Yale will also be competing at the meet, providing another chance for the Quakers and Elis to renew their rivalry. "It will be exciting to see Yale again, which will help us for ECACs," Penn senior Becky Nadler said. Saturday's invitational will be the last chance for the senior Quakers to lead their team to another solid performance before ECACs.