Half Hollow Hills H.S West '93 Dix Hills, N. Y. University President Judith Rodin outlined the components of the University's master security plan in February as part of her ongoing effort to improve safety both on and off campus. Included in the plan is the creation of Community Walks throughout campus, the positioning of new security and information kiosks at strategic points along the walks and the development of uniform safety standards for campus building and security personnel. In addition, the Division of Public Safety will double its bicycle patrols, putting 10 more officers on bikes, and install at least 14 new blue light emergency phones. The kiosks, along with the blue light phones will cost the University an estimated $225,000, according to Executive Vice President John Fry. The kiosks will be manned by Allied Security guards seven days a week from 3 p.m. to 5 a.m, and blue light phones will be attached to the structures. University Police Commissioner John Kuprevich said the Allied guards will improve security by providing additional "eyes and ears." Kuprevich said University Police officers will be redeployed to focus more on the perimeter of the Community Walks, where the level of crime is higher. Before the kiosks were built, Allied guards patrolled the Community Walks seven days a week, from 5 p.m. to 3 a.m. Kuprevich said the walking patrols were used as a temporary measure to improve security until kiosk construction was completed. But he added that Allied guards stationed inside the kiosks will periodically leave their posts to patrol Community Walks. Since the Allied guards started patrolling in February, Kuprevich said crime on campus has reduced. The Community Walks are Locust Street between 33rd and 43rd streets, 36th Street between Chestnut Street and the Nursing Education Building, and Walnut, Spruce, and Pine streets from 39th to 43rd streets. The security kiosks are located at the intersections of 33rd Street and Smith Walk, 36th and Sansom streets, 37th Street and Locust Walk, 38th Street and Hamilton Walk, and 40th and Locust streets.