Director of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs Tricia Phaup announced Tuesday that she is leaving the University. Phaup said she is leaving in order to pursue another job offer. She will be working in a private hospital, primarily with geriatric patients. "I am totally switching fields so it will bring about a lot of new opportunities for me and push me in directions I have not been pushed in before," she said. Acting Vice Provost for University Life Valarie Swain-Cade McCoullum said this new position will allow Phaup to use more of her talents. "She is trained in a lot of different areas, but one of her areas of expertise is in clinical psychotherapy," she said. "This gives her a wonderful opportunity to do work that is so important to her." Phaup said it is going to be difficult for her to leave the University. "I have been here for seven years now, and I have made a lot of great friends," she said. She added that she has enjoyed watching the Greek System grow and prosper. She estimated that the Greek community has grown by at least 15 percent during her tenure at the University. Phaup has had to deal with many controversial issues during her time here, including the University's alcohol policy. She reported that during her time here, student accountability in the system has grown. And McCoullum said Phaup has done a "fantastic job" dealing with the problems that came up. "During my term as acting VPUL, we have had a number of issues that students and alumni and Tricia have moved through very gracefully," she said. Phaup said the thing she will miss the most about her job at the University is working with the students. But she added that she is confident she is leaving the community in able hands. "[IFC President David Treat and Panhel President Lissette Calderon] have a lot of goals and directions and I know they will do a wonderful job moving the system forward," she said. Phaup served as the principal advisor to the BiCultural InterGreek Council, the InterFraternity Council and the Panhellenic Council. She also worked actively with the members of the Greek Alumni Council, as well as with many national chapters. "Her responsibilities range from helping to sponsor different on-campus events to working through any of the issues and concerns that come up as part of the work with the different student groups," McCoullum said. She added that Phaup always informed the University about the important community service work that the fraternities and sororities take part in. "She is one of the biggest cheerleaders in the world for the work the fraternities and sororities do in the community," McCoullum said. While Phaup's official last day of work is June 30, her last day at the University will be June 16. She said she is taking some vacation time until the end of the month. A replacement has not been chosen yet, but McCoullum said she will be working with Phaup, as well as students from the Big C, the IFC and Panhel to "make sure that we continue to provide exemplary support to the units." "But there is no one on earth like Tricia," she said. "She is absolutely fabulous. I am very very happy for her, but I am personally desolate that she is leaving." McCoullum added that she has been "trying everything" to talk Phaup out of leaving the University. "I have offered her ice cream, a constant supply of Philadelphia pretzels and chocolate chip cookies, but to no avail," she said. McCoullum added that Phaup will not be easy to replace. "She works 24 hours a day, seven days a week," she said. "I don't think there is anyone better at that job in the country than Tricia." McCoullum promised there would definitely be a new person in place by the fall.