The Executive Committee of the University Board of Trustees is expected to approve Alan Kelly as the permanent dean of the School of Veterinary Medicine today in its final meeting of the semester, University Secretary Barbara Stevens said last night. This meeting marks the first time newly-elected Board of Trustees Chairperson Roy Vagelos will preside over an entire Executive Committee meeting. The Trustees were last on campus during University President Judith Rodin's two-day inaugural ceremony in October. At that time, they elected Vagelos as their new chairperson. At today's meeting, Rodin will brief the Trustees on the events and issues confronting the University. In addition, she is expected to ask for the approval of Kelly and acting Vice President for Human Resources John Gould, who has served in the position since William Holland left it this summer. The Trustees are expected to approve both appointments. Provost Stanley Chodorow will give an academic report and acting Executive Vice President Jack Freeman will give a financial report at the meeting. The meeting will also include an investment report and health systems report. The Trustees' Budget and Finance Committee will meet this morning to approve renovations, computer purchases, "routine" budget items for the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and primary care practice acquisitions. The Trustees are also expected to approve resolutions on appointments to the Cancer Center Advisory Board, the Board of Overseers of the University Libraries and the Board of Overseers of the Graduate School of Education. The Executive Committee will meet at 2 p.m. today in the Tea Room of the Faculty Club. The Budget and Finance Committee will meet at 11 a.m. in the Club Room of the Faculty Club. Both meetings are open to the public.