To the Editor: 1) We are queer! Faggots and Dykes and Bi's. Not gay! Not homosexual! How clinical of you! Maybe you should have done a little more queer research before deciding to impose these labels on us! Using the DP's terminology silences many of our members, that is, lesbians, bisexuals and all "others," queers! This is truly insensitive! Queer is an inclusive term. It is our term! We chose it! Use it! 2) We are not a student group! Our statement made it explicit that our membership includes faculty, staff and members of queer communities. We are not organizing for queers. We are queers and we're organizing! 3) We protested at the Ben Franklin statue (DP 10/21/92)! Where were you? At the peace symbol? Is this why we did not see you? Maybe it was not just another example of the DP's failure to cover queer events, but stupidity that led you astray. Q-U-I-P, Ben Franklin set us free! Remember, QUIP is watching, get it right. We're here, we're queer, and we're reading the DP. Get used to it! DAREN WADE Graduate Student School of Social Work JOY CONNOLY College of General Studies Signed by five other members of QUIP