After 10 years as one of the Law School's top administrators, Vice Dean Margo Post Marshak has been named Vice President for Student Affairs at New York University. Marshak said she is "very sad" to be leaving the University, but added that she is looking forward to her new position, which starts January 2. "As I understand it, [I will be] overseeing student housing, student health services and all student activities," she said last night. Marshak said she gained experience in "larger university issues" when she worked in the now defunct Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Studies. While there, she was involved in programming across school lines, such as the creation of the Benjamin Franklin Scholars program and the College House program. "I've always tried to be a University citizen," Marshak said. "I've always maintained my links with many University offices and with faculty, staff and students across campus." Marshak added that the Law School is one of the schools at the University that does not suffer from the so-called revolving-door effect. "People seem to come to the Law School and stay," she said. "I had never thought that I would leave the University." And while Marshak is very excited to be moving to Washington Square, she will miss her husband Veterinary School Professor Robert Marshak, who will remain at the University. "We plan to see each other on weekends," she said. Both administrators and students said last night that they will miss her. "I'm sorry to have her go," said Law Dean Colin Diver. "Obviously the Law School is losing a great asset," said second-year Law student Marla Weinstein. But, "I'm happy she got the promotion." The matter of who will replace Marshak is something that Diver said he has not had a chance to focus on yet. Marshak said the decision has not been made as to whether a permanent or interim replacement will be found or if the administrators at the Law School will just divide her duties up among them. "This is an opportunity to reconsider the way we do business," Marshak said.