State officials have not yet decided on the appeals of two campus-area restaraunts whose liquor licenses were not renewed, an official said yesterday. LCB spokesperson Donna Pinkham said yesterday that High Rise Restaurant, whose licence was also not renewed last fall, struck a compromise with the LCB, agreeing to sell its license. Backstreet and Kelly and Cohen filed appeals shortly after the board's decision not to renew their licenses. In November, the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania allowed the two establishments to serve alcohol until the LCB decides on the appeals. Pinkham said that the October findings of the board are still being investigated, adding that the findings could be overturned. The LCB rejected the license renewal applications of the establishments because of their histories of serving alcohol to minors. In the past three years, the bars were cited two or three times each and fined between $300 and $1250. Pinkham said that High Rise's agreement with the LCB states that it can hold onto its liquor license for "safe keeping" without selling any liquor or beer. However, the restaurant must sell its license within one year or must let it expire, she added. But High Rise owner Panos Bomis said yesterday that he had not reached such a compromise with the LCB. He said liquor licences are worth $25,000 to $30,000. Backstreet, Kelly and Cohen, and High Rise all have been trying to rebuild their businesses since last fall's ruling. According to Backstreet owner Mark Wright, business is slow, despite the court order allowing the bar to serve alcohol again. "In fact, it has gone down about 60 percent because people don't know that Backstreet is open and that they are serving alcohol along with snacks and sandwiches," said Wright. Wright stressed that identification of all patrons will be closely examined in order to prevent underage drinking. "It's tough because everyone has fake IDs," Wright said. According to Vinesh Vyas, owner of Kelly and Cohen, business fell after the October findings, but has recently improved. He said the need to scrutinize patrons' identification is "something we have to live with." High Rise owner Bomis said that business is strong and that food sales have been successful despite the lack of alcohol.