FamousAlumHousing-01
Photo: Lucy Ferry

From leaders in the technology industry to high-ranking members in the Department of Justice, Penn alumni hold prominent leadership positions across the country. While many of Penn's best-known graduates lived around Locust Walk when they were students, others, like Jon Huntsman Jr., lived some ten blocks away. After some investigation, The Daily Pennsylvanian presents a quick guide to where some of Penn's most celebrated alumni took refuge while they were on campus: 

Tiffany Trump: The youngest daughter of President Donald Trump, Trump graduated from the College in 2016 and lived in The Radian, according to multiple sources in her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta.

Ivanka Trump: The oldest daughter of President Donald Trump and current advisor to the President, Trump transferred to Wharton from Georgetown University in 2002 and graduated in 2004. She lived in The Left Bank, a luxury loft apartment building on 31st and Walnut.

Candice Bergen: Bergen, the Emmy-award-winning actress, should have been a 1967 graduate, but after poor academic performance, was asked to leave by the University. (Later, in 1992, Penn conferred on her an honorary doctor of laws.) While Bergen was here, she lived in the U of P Women’s Residence, now known as Hill, according to the student directory from 1965.

Elon Musk and Adeo Ressi: Musk, founder of SpaceX and CEO of Tesla, graduated from Penn in 1997 after transferring from Queen’s University in Ontario. His roommate was Adeo Ressi, founder and CEO of The Founder Institute. Ressi confirmed over email that they rented a house at 3721 Chestnut Street during their senior year. On a recent visit back to campus, Ressi took a photo of their former house. 

Photo from Adeo Ressi

Elizabeth Banks: Banks, the award-winning actor, producer and director who directed "Pitch Perfect 2," graduated from Penn in 1996. She lived at 4050 Irving Street, according to student directory records from 1996.

Jon Huntsman Jr.: The son of the donor to Huntsman Hall, Huntsman Jr., the former governor of Utah and the current United States ambassador to Russia, graduated from Penn in his late twenties, while he was already married with children. He lived with his family at 2400 Chestnut Street Apartments, a luxury apartment building on 24th and Chestnut streets.

Rod Rosenstein: Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general for the United States Department of Justice, graduated from Wharton in 1986. Rosenstein lived at 37th and Spruce streets, in the Quad, according to student directory records from 1986. In an interview with The Daily Pennsylvanian, Rosenstein said that many of his closest friends were made in Ware College House, where he lived during his last three years at Penn.

John Legend: Legend graduated from Penn in 1999. According to student directory records from his freshman year, he lived in Butcher BU hall, located in Ware.

All comments eligible for publication in Daily Pennsylvanian, Inc. publications.