warren-bloom-photo-from-bloom-campaign
Warren Bloom's mayoral bid follows at least six previously unsuccessful campaigns for public office in Philadelphia (Photo from Bloom campaign).

Warren Bloom, who describes himself as a volunteer, ministerial leader, entrepreneur, and advocate, is running for mayor to strengthen the public school system, fight for labor unions and women's health rights, and increase public safety, according to his campaign website. His mayoral bid follows at least six previously unsuccessful campaigns for public office in Philadelphia.

Bloom has faced scrutiny for having a criminal record, which includes driving without a license, failure to pay taxes, indecent assault, simple assault, and corrupting a minor, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer and Billy Penn

He has campaigned once for state legislature, once for Philadelphia Traffic Court, and four times for City Commissioner.

Bloom writes that he is in favor of expanding community policing programs and collaborating with Philadelphia’s law enforcement to address local gun violence. He also notes worker and union rights as a top priority on his campaign website.

Bloom says on his website that he supports youth engagement through volunteer work intended to teach local high school students about public service and civic engagement. According to Metro Philadelphia, Bloom looks to schools as a means of addressing public safety, suggesting later closing times for school buildings in “high crime neighborhoods.”

He also believes that dedicated prayer time in schools, regardless of religion, will help to produce “healthy, rounded” students.

Bloom's campaign did not respond to a request to comment by publication.