03-20-22-softball-vs-columbia-sarah-schneider-samantha-turner
Junior catcher Sarah Schneider bats against Columbia during the third game of the weekend at Penn Park on March 20. Credit: Samantha Turner

Junior catcher Sarah Schneider of Penn softball played a crucial role in the team's mid-week matchups against Delaware State and its weekend series against Columbia. At the plate, she went 8-for-16, scoring six runs, notching five RBIs, and hitting three home runs across five games.

Additionally, the Sherman Oaks, Calif. native is currently riding a four-game hitting streak for the Red and Blue.  

While the Quakers dropped the series to the Lions, during the first game, Schneider helped the Red and Blue jump out to an early 6-0 lead with a line drive that went over the centerfield fence to bring in two runs. In the final game of the weekend, Schneider hit her third home run with a solo shot that went over the centerfield wall.

Schneider also caught in 33 innings across the five games, an impressive supplement to her already impressive hitting performance.

Honorable Mention(s): 

Women’s Swimming: Over the weekend, Lia Thomas of women’s swimming earned multiple All-American statuses, but the real highlight of the weekend was in the 500-yard freestyle, where she was able to bring home an NCAA individual title, becoming the first female Penn swimmer to win an NCAA individual title.

Wrestling: Sophomore CJ Composto placed eighth at the NCAA championships at 141 pounds. Composto went 3-2 over the weekend and was able to earn All-American honors.