cd8af47c-4cd1-40b3-b127-1f2a5aa4c009-sized-1000x1000

Temple University announced plans for a primarily on-campus learning experience this fall.

While Penn has yet to make a decision about the fall semester, Temple University announced plans for a primarily on-campus learning experience.

In an announcement released to the Temple community on Monday, Temple President Richard M. Englert shared the University's plans to offer a broad range of in-person classes with a substantial number of students, faculty, and staff returning to campus.

Temple also plans to re-open residence halls, dining halls, academic buildings, and athletic and recreational facilities in the fall. Englert added that some classes and activities will still be online. The announcement stated that the University may need to adapt if circumstances change. 

Englert wrote that increased vaccine productivity and distribution are the primary driving factors behind expectations to re-open in the fall. President Joe Biden said this week that there will be enough vaccines for every adult in America by the end of May.  

Temple held many of its classes online during fall 2020 and spring 2021. The university began a phased approach to returning to in-person operations last summer, but suspended in-person classes for two weeks in the beginning of the fall 2020 semester as positivity rates rose.

Temple is currently working with the city of Philadelphia to create a vaccination plan for the Temple community and local residents. Englert wrote in the announcement that more information will be released as the plans progress for Temple to become a vaccine distribution center.

The announcement comes one week after Penn State announced that it plans re-open its campus for the fall.