3ce2644f-27d2-4a5a-b4dd-3fe7cbc057c0

Penn suspended University operations for Thursday, but COVID-19 testing will continue with a modified schedule at a limited number of sites.

Credit: Ezra Troy

Penn suspended University operations for Thursday ahead of a snowstorm.

All classes will be held online, but COVID-19 testing will continue with a modified schedule at a limited number of sites, according to an announcement from the Division of Public Safety on Wednesday evening. 

COVID-19 testing at the Palestra Concourse, Ace Adams Field, and Richardson Plaza is canceled. Testing will continue at Du Bois/Rodin/high rise field from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., Annenberg Center from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m., and Houston Hall and Irvine Auditorium from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.

To account for the closure of testing sites, the sites remaining open will accommodate walk-ins, according to the announcement. Students who are unable to test at the Annenberg Center or Houston Hall earlier in the day as walk-ins do not need to reschedule their screening tests.

Hill House and 1920 Commons will be open for brunch from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and dinner from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Falk Dining Commons at Penn Hillel will be open for brunch from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and dinner from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Starbucks and Gourmet Grocer will be open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Lauder College House, McClelland Cafe, and Houston Market will be closed.

Only essential workers, including all University of Pennsylvania Health System staff members, should report to work. Students in clinical programs should consult their schools for further guidance, according to the announcement. 

The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for the Philadelphia area, predicting four to six inches of snow.