Shapr
Credit: Shapr

Whether you are searching for a cofounder for your startup idea, looking to land your dream post graduation job, or just hoping to expand your social circle in a new city, it can be a daunting challenge. Networking can be the key to opening doors or creating opportunities because the right connections make all the difference. 

CEO Ludovic Huraux created Shapr for that exact reason - an app that lets you swipe to connect to other students, alumni, and professionals in your area. Just add #UPenn to your Shapr interests to easily connect with Penn alumni and students. Meet alumni at the companies you are targeting after graduation, land an internship, or, if you’ve already graduated, discover who else relocated to the same city as you! 

Ludovic, who successfully sold his first business last year, offers the following: “There is nothing more inspiring than meeting someone new for coffee. You will leave each coffee with new energy, a new contact, and possibly a new cofounder or colleague down the line. Every student and professional should make networking a priority.” 

Interested in learning more about someone’s career or pitching a cofounder for your startup idea? Swipe that person right on the app . When you match, you can message and find a time to meet IRL, over slice of pizza or a cup of coffee. Ludovic says the most important step is actually taking the time to meet your connections, since you never know where a coffee can lead!

Give it a go. Download Shapr and schedule your first #UPenn coffee.