hillarylisticle

Here are ten things that we learned from the Clinton campaign's last major rally on the eve of Election Day.

Credit: Pranay Vemulamada

Thousands gathered in Independence Mall Monday night to see the Democratic Party’s final star-studded rally, featuring speeches by Chelsea Clinton, Bill Clinton, Michelle Obama, Barack Obama and finally Hillary Clinton. Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi sang for the electrified crowd.

The Democrats got their final words in before voting commences tomorrow morning. Here are 10 things we learned from the rally:

1. Hillary Clinton likes to tout her stamina, especially in light of Trump repeatedly saying she has none. Clinton recounted her experiences during the televised presidential debates against Trump. “I stood next to Donald Trump for four and a half hours, proving conclusively that I have the stamina to be commander-in-chief,” Clinton said.

2. Clinton repeated — once again — that she likes to play cards. Trump has accused Clinton throughout the campaign of “playing the woman’s card.” Clinton has practically patented her response at this point and repeated it at the rally: “If I’m playing the woman’s card, then deal me in!” She even sells “woman cards” on her website.

3. Barack Obama can relate to many of us about this election — he said he found parts of the election to be “a reality show, even a parody,” and full of “noise and distractions.” But he added that when we all step into the voting booth in the morning, he thinks the decision to elect Hillary Clinton could not be clearer or more serious.

4. Donald Trump’s campaign took away his Twitter account over the weekend, according to Obama. He described Trump as “erratic — if his own advisors don’t trust him to tweet, why would any of us trust him with the nuclear codes?”

5. Obama sees himself as “the skinny guy with the funny name.” Reflecting on his eight years in office, Obama said, “You bet on me all those years ago, and I’ll always be grateful for having had the opportunity to serve.” He continued, “We turned ‘Yes we can’ into ‘Yes we did.’”

6. Obama runs the numbers. He said he “did some arithmetic” in his spare time and found that “with Democrats in charge, America is stronger.” He pointed to marriage equality, the United States becoming a world leader in addressing climate change, bringing home more men and women in uniform and providing health insurance to 20 million more people, as examples.

7. Bill Clinton thinks he is not as qualified as his wife. “I loved it when [Barack Obama] said at the Democratic Convention in Philadelphia that Hillary was the best qualified person to run for President — more qualified than he was, and he looked at me and said, ‘and more qualified than you were,’” Clinton said.

8. Michelle Obama’s job isn’t done yet. She said that putting Clinton in office is “the last and one of the most important things [she] could do as First Lady.” Of her time in the White House, Obama continued, “Thank you for your love. We have been honored to be your first family. You have inspired us with your courage and decency.”

9. Jon Bon Jovi refers to Hillary Clinton affectionately as “Mrs. C,” which is appropriate since he has known Clinton for 20 years. “Tomorrow, with the eyes of the world upon us, you’re going to have to ask yourself, ‘What kind of world do you want?’ Because I want a world of hope and optimism,’” Bon Jovi said. He encouraged the crowd to “think of Mrs. C when you hear this one,” as he struck up the chords to The Beatles’ “Here Comes the Sun.”

10. Bon Jovi and Philadelphia go way back. He said he and the city have “been through a lot together.” Bon Jovi remarked, “All of my foundation work started on these streets. All throughout my recording career you’ve been here for me.” He said that Clinton has always been dedicated to public service and proven to be a unifier as first lady, senator and secretary of state, adding, “I know you’re going to be here for Mrs. Clinton tomorrow.”