After a report was released that criticized the way Baylor University has handled allegations of sexual violence, the University announced today that it demoted its President, Kenneth Starr, and suspended its head football coach, Art Briles, NPR reported.

In the midst of complaints that the University was handling allegations of sexual violence poorly, especially allegations against members of the football team, Baylor hired the Philadelphia-based law firm Pepper Hamilton to conduct an independent review beginning in fall 2012.

The review found that Baylor “failed to consistently support” students who said they had been sexually assaulted, and even found that two administrators “discouraged” reporting instances of sexual violence. The review specifically criticized the football team for its “tone and culture,” and how that in turn affects the conduct of the athletes.

Although Briles has been suspended “with intent to terminate,” according to Baylor’s statement, Starr will remain as a Law School professor and chancellor. Starr is known for leading the investigation against President Bill Clinton in 1998 that played a major role in Clinton’s impeachment. 

The University also outlined additional responses to the report in its statement, including readdressing previous allegations of sexual violence and increasing resources for survivors. 

Read more about the investigation at NPR's website.