admissions

High school seniors are becoming increasingly anxious as Penn's regular admission decisions are just around the corner | DP File Photo

On March 31 at 5:00 p.m., Penn, alongside all of the other Ivies, will release their regular admission decisions.

The Class of 2020 application pool for Penn this year was the biggest in university history, with a record number of 38,792 applicants. 54.6 percent of the target size for the Class of 2020 was already filled this December with early decision applicants, so accepted regular decision applicants will be filling less than half of the class.

With the regular decision application due on Jan. 5 this year, these applicants have been waiting for months to hear back, and many are ready for the answer. Penn applicant and Guatemalan high school senior Paulina Paiz, who applied to Penn because of its Department of Positive Psychology, is having a hard time waiting to see if she was accepted or not.

“I’m definitely anxious,” Paiz said. ”I’m on holiday right now in Guatemala, and I can’t relax. I just want to know, even if I don’t get in, I just want to know.”

Paiz said Penn is her number one school, so if she is accepted come March 31, she will definitely attend.

Though students have another week to wait to hear back from Ivies, many other colleges have already released their decisions. Per tradition, MIT’s decisions this year were released at Tau time (6:28 p.m.) on Pi Day (March 14). The school accepted 7.8 percent of applicants. The University of Chicago released its decisions two days later, though it has not yet released it acceptance rate.