The doctor is in.

The Social Planning and Events Committee Film Society is bringing actor Zach Braff, known for his role as “J.D.” on the long-time medical comedy “Scrubs,” to speak on March 25 at Harrison Auditorium in the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology.

Braff is also known for his role alongside Natalie Portman in the 2004 movie, “Garden State.” He has won a Grammy and has been nominated for three Golden Globes in the past.

“In the past, our most successful speakers have been those with a broad range of experience in film and television. We believe Zach Braff will be a success as well as he shares his experiences with the Penn community,” said SPEC Film Society Director and Engineering senior Blair Canner said in a press release.

Braff has not stuck to the role of an actor, but has branched out to produce works as well. For instance, he produced the ninth season of “Scrubs” and directed “Garden State.”

The event will feature a Q&A session with the audience.

Students were happy to hear about Braff as the choice for this year’s speaker.

College freshman Clara Hendrickson is interested in Braff’s career’s musical side. “I really like his music [in Garden State]. It reminds me of ‘The Graduate’ — how the soundtrack fits what people were listening to.”

Meanwhile, College freshman Alex Agathis was more interested to see him based on his acting roles. “I would definitely go see him. [I] loved him in ‘Scrubs’ and he was fantastic in ‘Oz the Great and Powerful.‘”

In the past, SPEC has brought in many famous actors and directors including Spike Lee, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Aaron Sorkin, Jesse Eisenberg and most recently, Jesse Tyler Ferguson from “Modern Family.”

Tickets will be sold on Locust Walk starting today for $5.