The white male suspect many have come to know as the “Green Line robber” was detained by Philadelphia Police and has confessed to all four armed robberies.

Torin Myer, 23, had a preliminary arraignment today. He is being charged with four counts of robbery, theft, reckless endangerment of another person, aggravated assault, simple assault, terroristic threats, receiving stolen property and possession of an instrument of crime.

His next court date will be on May 29. His bail is currently set at $20,000.

Vice President for Public Safety Maureen Rush said he was residing near Drexel University and the Green Line Café at 3649 Lancaster Avenue, where he allegedly committed armed robberies on April 30 and May 4.

He is also believed to have robbed at gunpoint the Green Line Café at 4426 Locust Street on April 26 and Chipotle Mexican Grill on May 6.

Captain Fred Carbonara of the Drexel Department of Public Safety made the arrest yesterday, according to Niki Gianakaris, Drexel’s Director of Media Relations.

The suspect was apprehended at 34th and Hamilton streets. He was wearing the same gray hoodie and carrying the black mask, gloves and gun used in the robberies, according to Gianakaris.

Rush praised Carbonara for the arrest. “Before he went to Drexel Police, Carbonara had a very distinguished career in the Philadelphia police as a lieutenant in the University City area,” Rush said.

“He’s a captain but he’s out on patrol and immediately sees this guy and senses it could be him. That’s real credit to him and his police instincts.”

The successful arrest was a result of a powerful network between Philadelphia police and the public safety divisions of Penn, Drexel and University of the Sciences, Rush said, adding that everyone at the police departments speak on a daily basis, plan together and share video footage.

“That’s how you get crime solved, and it’s not this way in every municipality. Some may think this is the norm for these police jurisdictions, but it’s not,” she said.