If the Penn men’s lacrosse team loves tough competition, as its schedule indicates, Tuesday’s opponent may seem a bit out of character.

Indeed, the Quakers (2-8, 1-4 Ivy) will take the short trip to Finnesey Field to battle Saint Joseph’s (3-8) on the heels of a victory over Harvard in the latest of their contests against formidable foes.

Penn has won every previous meeting with St. Joe’s, including a 16-5 handling in 2010 and a 13-5 victory last season.

Like the Quakers, St. Joe’s has fallen victim to a losing streak for a good portion of the season, dropping four straight, most recently in a gruesome 16-6 thrashing by Delaware.

However, the Red and Blue are hardly taking the Hawks lightly.

St. Joe’s has two players with at least 19 points on the season. Sophomore attack Ryan McGee leads the team with 19 goals and 10 assists.

On the other side of the coin, Penn sophomore goalkeeper Brain Feeney was named Ivy League Player of the Week for his collective 27 saves against Bucknell and Harvard.

If he can replicate performances like that against the Hawks, the Quakers have a good chance of picking up their third victory of the season.

This is a good time for the Red and Blue to build momentum, as they face a last-place Dartmouth team Saturday before heading to the Mile High Classic in Denver to take on the juggernaut No. 5 Virginia Cavaliers.