Penn Student Health Service reported 100 cases of influenza-like illness suspected to be type H1N1 on campus for the week of Nov. 8 through 15, according to Matthew Waller, director of communications and external affairs for the Office of the Vice Provost of University Life.

The new cases make Penn’s weekly infection rate 49.6 cases per 10,000 students per week, slightly higher than the 47.1 cases per 10,000 students in Pennsylvania and 21.3 cases per 10,000 nationwide, as reported by the American College Health Association for Nov. 7-13.

SHS will administer H1N1 vaccine Friday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the ARCH building. The clinic expects to use all available vaccine tomorrow and encourages students to arrive early, Waller said.

One more clinic is tentatively scheduled for Dec. 4, depending on whether further doses of the vaccine arrive in time.

SHS does not currently have seasonal flu vaccine available, Waller said.

However, he added that SHS expects to receive more of the vaccine in the coming weeks.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have recommended that all persons under the age of 24 receive both the seasonal flu vaccine and the H1N1 vaccine if possible.

All ill students can have a friend pick up a breakfast, lunch and dinner pack for them at any campus dining location, Waller said.

Students with flu-like symptoms, including fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue are urged to remain at home and call the SHS flu help line at 215-746-3535 for further information.