g0m993we
Men's basketball coach Glen Miller will return next season, though there are rumors that Athletic director Steve Bilsky outlined necessary changes in a one-on-one meeting.

Glen Miller will be returning next season as head coach of the Penn basketball team, the basketball club's co-chair John Rockwell confirmed last night. A member of the board of athletic overseers, Rockwell also endows the head coaching position.

Other sources close to the program have indicated that the beleaguered coach met one-on-one with Athletic Director Steve Bilsky last week to evaluate this past season, Miller's status and the current state of the program.

The athletic department has not officially confirmed the meeting, though personal meetings between coaches and Bilsky at the conclusion of a season are normal.

Rockwell couldn't confirm the meeting between Bilsky and Miller, but said he "would have been amazed" if the pair didn't sit down.

Firings or decisions not to renew contracts typically occur in the week following the end of the season. Penn announced just last week that it would not renew the contract of former women's basketball coach Pat Knapp.

Miller has come under heavy scrutiny this season from fans for the team's poor play, the departure of players from the team and a perceived inaccessibility to basketball supporters within the Penn community.

According to Rockwell, alumni have been corresponding via e-mail about the basketball program.

"It is normal in this day and age of instant communication to have lots of discussion about sports programs such as Penn's," Rockwell said.

Senior staff writer Andrew Scurria contributed reporting to this article.

Related StoriesFlegenheimer | An inch forward, three steps back - Sports