They say Chuck Bednarik, a Hall of Fame linebacker and center and a Penn grad, was the last "60-Minute Man" in football. Don't look now, but Colgate's Nate Eachus might be inheriting that throne.

During the second quarter of the Raiders' 38-22 victory over Cornell on Saturday, the freshman left his spot at linebacker to take over for starting running back Jordan Scott, the leading rusher in the Football Championship Subdivision.

And boy, did he produce. Eachus carved up the Cornell front seven to the tune of 241 yards and three scores. Not bad for a guy with just eight previous college carries to his name.

Before taking his spot in the backfield, Eachus had already done some damage on defense, sacking Big Red quarterback Nathan Ford on third down to end the first quarter.

But opponents on the other side of the ball may get to see this grit for three more years. And judging from the testimony this weekend, it won't be an enviable task.

"He just ran hard," Cornell safety Tim Bax told The Cornell Daily Sun. "He always finished every run and fell forward, so he was gaining a couple of yards every carry. He just ran tough."

Reverse of Fortune. There are no more non-conference games for the Ancient Eight this season, but the title picture may be murkier than it was in August.

Penn and Brown are the only teams without league losses at 2-0, while preseason favorites (and last year's 1-2 finishers) Harvard and Yale look like shells of their former selves.

The parity was never more apparent than during the once-vaunted Bulldogs' final out-of-conference match-up this weekend, a 12-10 defeat at the hands of lowly Fordham.

The Rams, a team that Ivy cellar dweller Columbia outplayed a month ago, edged Yale on a last-second field goal after 60 lackluster minutes of football.

Yale won the turnover battle, 3-1, but another under-whelming performance by the Bulldogs' offense - including just 65 rushing yards from Mike McLeod - kept the Rams in striking distance in the second half.

A third-quarter safety of McLeod on a rush for a loss left the senior tailback hobbling off the field. Yet the safety would turn out to be more insult than injury - McLeod returned to the game, but that play would be the difference-maker in a game he would like to forget.

Tiger Declawed. Princeton quarterback Brian Anderson left during the third quarter of Saturday's 31-10 loss to Brown and didn't return.

Anderson, a senior and tri-captain, injured his right shoulder, but being left-handed, he tried to play through the pain.

Eventually, it became too much, and he headed to the sidelines, left to watch the Tigers fall further behind and drop their first Ivy League contest.

"It became apparent, as tough a kid as he is, that he just couldn't be effective," Princeton coach Roger Hughes told The Daily Princetonian.