The InterFraternity Council elected Phi Kappa Sigma President Max Dubin to its top job last night.

The College junior will succeed current IFC President and College senior Spencer Scharff next month.

Dubin, vice president of community service on the IFC Executive Board last year, sat down to talk with The Daily Pennsylvanian.

DP: What qualities will make you a successful IFC president?

MD: What I want to do is set really high goals in all the different aspects of what the IFC wants to do to really make sure that we're reaching our goals ... and never losing steam.

DP: What are your priorities for the upcoming year?

MD: Personally, I hold community service to heart, so I want to continue that. But I want to improve our Program for Excellence, which is a basic program that we use to evaluate chapters and to set goals for the entire Greek system. We want to look at it, revise it a great deal and make sure that we're all holding up to a very high standard.

DP: What do you think are the most important issues facing the IFC?

MD: Encouraging registered parties is always something that we want to do and improving our social standing. ... I want to highlight all the good things that the chapters are doing that sometimes don't get seen by the wider Penn community.

DP: How do you plan to encourage more registered parties?

MD: We want to improve our financial encouragement. Registered parties are expensive. We want to see if we can help that, especially through evaluating how people are doing on our Program for Excellence and then reward people monetarily. ... We also want to look at making the process of registering a party as easy and as streamlined as possible.

Alpha Epsilon Pi brother and Wharton junior Sam Kolbert-Hyle was elected IFC executive vice president. Also elected were Phi Kappa Psi brother and College junior Kyle Williams as vice president of rush, Sigma Alpha Epsilon brother and Wharton junior Nikhil Bhat as vice president of community service, Sigma Alpha Mu brother and College sophomore Andrew Glantz as vice president of academics and Beta Theta Pi brother and College junior Bill Breedlove as vice president of 21st-century planning.

Phi Sigma Kappa brother and Wharton and Engineering senior Alex Zolan will serve as treasurer, Pi Kappa Phi brother and College junior Elliot Greenwald as secretary and Pi Kap president and Wharton junior Zach Coopersmith as Judicial Inquiry Board manager.