We've heard all the complaints before. You don't like the candidates. They're not talking about issues that matter to you. And corporate interests have usurped the democratic process from the people. Well, if you want candidates you admire discussing problems that concern you while empowering you to participate in government, we have one suggestion. Vote. This is the first presidential election in which most current Penn undergraduates are eligible to head to the polls, and we have an opportunity to reverse the notions of electoral apathy with which our generation has been saddled. Young people have complained that the issues discussed in this race -- Social Security, prescription drugs, the military -- aren't relevant to young people. But this is an election not for the next four years but for the next 40, and these issues will be central to our lives in time. For now, if you want the candidates to talk about the environment, the cost of higher education and worker's rights, you have to get their attention. And the best way to do that is in the privacy of the voting booth. The polls opened this morning at 7 o'clock and will be open until 8 p.m. The walk to DRL is hardly that onerous, and with the race tight, the results of the Pennsylvania contest may well decide who becomes the next president of the United States. So today, take part in the democratic process, and make your voice heard. The stakes are too high for you to stay home.