Jason Feinberg was named the Ivy League Special Teams Player of the Week for his 4-for-4 field goal and 4-for-4 extra-point performance Saturday. (Theodore Schweitz/The Daily Pennsylvanian)

The first time wideout Colin Smith touched the ball in the Penn football team's 40-24 win over Princeton Saturday was also the last time he would haul in a pass for the Quakers this season. "He caught one pass," Penn coach Al Bagnoli said. "It was a five-yard under -- a very innocent looking play -- and he broke his collarbone in three places." The Quakers will miss the junior, as the stats show he was Gavin Hoffman's third-favorite receiver. Smith's line for the 2000 season is 450 yards on 32 catches -- good for 10th place in the Ivies. * On other injury fronts, Bagnoli said that junior running back Kris Ryan practiced yesterday and is looking fine after he had his first 100-plus yard game of the season Saturday. Last season's leading rusher in the Ivy League, Ryan missed two games early this season due to a high ankle sprain. He then missed most of Penn's matchup with Columbia and all of the Yale game due to a knee sprain he suffered against the Lions. Senior wide receiver Doug O'Neill was in street clothes yesterday. Bagnoli said that O'Neill's ribs were "only bruised, not broken," and that he would return to practice today. Also returning to practice today will be senior running back Mike Verille, after receiving an injection in his knee. * Penn kicker Jason Feinberg was named Ivy League Special Teams Player of the Week for his performance in Old Nassau after going 4-for-4 on both field goals and extra points for the day. The senior's three-pointers included kicks from 42 and 47 yards out, and his 16 points on the day set a Quakers record. Those points gave Feinberg 197 for his career, putting him just eight points shy of breaking former Dartmouth kicker Dennis Durkins' Ancient Eight kicker points record of 203. * O'Neill also earned a spot on the Ivy League Honor Roll for the week. O'Neill had a career-high 148 yards on seven catches against the Tigers. O'Neill has now caught a pass in his last 27 games and is the Quakers' second-leading receiver. * Hoffman has seemingly set a new passing record every week since the season began, and this past weekend was no different. Hoffman, who threw for 313 yards and four touchdowns on 23-for-34 passing, broke his own record for passing yardage in a single season, which he set last year. The quarterback has thrown for 2,491 yards on the year, and needs only to average just over 254 yards per game over the next two weeks to become the first Quaker to ever throw for 3,000 yards in a season. Right now, Hoffman is averaging 311 yards per contest. He has thrown for 300 or more yards nine times in his career, which means that he now owns more than half of the 17 300-yard performances in Penn history. * Offensive numbers are being inflated and old records are being discarded all across the Ancient Eight this season. In Ivy contests, the winning team is scoring an average of 38 points. This stat has three teams on pace to break the Penn record for points in a season of 254, set back in 1984. Brown, Harvard and the Quakers are all on pace to top 260. This is even more impressive when considering that only one team has come within 25 points of the record in the last 16 years. Speaking of offense, the league is also leading every other conference in Division I and I-AA football in combined points per game this season. Ancient Eight games are seeing an average of 60.15 points scored per contest, just a few tenths of a point in front of the Pioneer League's 59.89 points per game.