A group of 40 anxious students waited more than an hour and twenty minutes on the corner of 37th and Spruce streets yesterday afternoon, psyched for their chance to rally for Vice Presidential Candidate Al Gore. But their strong enthusiasm slowly turned into disappointment and anger when the bus ordered by the College Democrats to transport them to Bristol Waterfront Park failed to arrive. The events organizers were apologetic for the failed event, and were quick to guarantee the hopeful students another chance to see the candidates. "Those dedicated to the College Democrats will have an opportunity to see either Bill Clinton or Al Gore before November 3rd." said Scott Sher, a College and Wharton junior and co-president of the College Democrats. Some of the students, however, were not very forgiving. "I'm so pissed," said Seth Rosenberg, a College freshman. "Gore is my favorite politician. He is one of the best Democratic speakers there is." Abbey Falcone, a College sophomore, had been so anxious to hear Gore speak that she "chomped down" her lunch so she could be there on time. Falcone figured the rally would be, "a good chance to see our future Vice President, and eventually, President." "I am very, very disappointed," Falcone said after the cancellation. "I was really looking forward to it." Several students also complained that the event's organizers were not keeping them informed of what was causing the delay. "This was my first experience with the College Democrats," said Carrie Jordan, a College junior, "and I'm very disappointed." However, some students remained patient and optimistic during their hourlong wait. "If we get to see Al Gore it will be worth it," said Cynthia Mason, a College freshman. Even some non-Democrats were anxious to hear Gore speak. "I'm about the furthest thing from liberally-minded, but I saw Gore speak on TV at the convention and I'm curious to hear more of his views," said Ryan Hanley, a College freshman. Hayes Lewis, a College senior, was impressed by the enthusiasm despite the wait. "The outpouring is a showing of the political renaissance in general and the faith in the students staying here shows the sincerity of the movement," said Lewis. "One is led to believe that the voting from this age group will be higher than in past elections." Sarah Manning, a College sophomore and member of the College Democrats, said she was "glad to see that the cancelled trip did not deter students' enthusiasm for the College Democrats." Sher said afterwards, "I'm really sorry the bus never showed, but it was circumstances that we couldn't control. I really appreciate the group waiting an hour and a half for something that never happenned." The College Democrats decided to charter a bus to the Gore rally, held yesterday at Bristol Waterfront Park in Bristol Borough, Pennsylvania, after they realized how much interest existed among students. Sher claimed eighty people expressed interest when they stopped by the Clinton/Gore rally held at the University last week. Sher, who is also Clinton's coordinator for the University, contacted several members of the Clinton advance team. The advance team was responsible for sending the bus to take students to the rally. George Callas, a Wharton sophomore and co-president of the College Democrats, said that he will follow up the problem with the Clinton advance team. He promised that everything will be done to make sure the same mistake isn't made again. Craig Ruttenberg, a College freshman, offered another alternative: "Blame the Republicans."