They're ba-a-ack . . . Finals. It's time, once again, to brush off the cobwebs and dust from that Finance book, to remove the plastic wrap from that still unopened bulkpack and to catch up on a semester's worth of reading. Or is it still a little too early for even that much preparation? For many University students, next week's reading days and final exams will mean much missed sleep and many hours of study time. To some, it's a time to stock up on late-night revivers and to do the work which was put off weeks ago because a trip to New York City seemed like a much better idea. College freshman Celeste Perron said she's already anticipating the amount of work that she has to look forward to in the next few days. "I haven't read for Sociology since the midterm," Perron said. "So, I guess I'll have to stock up on Vivarin and Diet Coke and do a lot of reading over reading days." College and Wharton senior Stacey Karp -- another late-nighter -- also advocates the caffeine study diet. "I drink a lot of Diet Coke," she said. Though cramming seems to be the most popular way to study for finals, not everyone waits until the last minute. Some students, like College sophomore Leigh Montville, said they like to begin preparing ahead of time so they're not as rushed towards the end. "I start studying a couple of days beforehand," Montville said. "I'll go to the library and spend a good deal of time studying . . . or trying to study." Other students, though they have good intentions to prepare early, end up getting distracted from their studies. And, in the end, they wind up cramming anyway. Wharton senior Kevin Mann said he's inevitably diverted from his work by the enticement of video games. "I start out really well," Mann said. "But what always happens is that something ropes me into the video game room. And I find myself there until it closes . . . The funny thing is that I'm not even a big video game player usually." Many students try to quell this desire to procrastinate by getting as far away from potential distractions as possible. College and Wharton junior John Kraska said he tries to find places to study where no one can possibly find him. "I definitely don't study in my room or in Van Pelt [Library] because it's much too distracting," Kraska said. "I like to lock myself up in some remote area somewhere on campus so I have no interruptions. That's the only way that I can get anything done." Other students agreed that studying alone is usually the best way to prepare for finals. "I'd rather study by myself because whenever you study with someone else, you're usually on different levels," said Wharton and Engineering junior Ed Flores. "Sometimes the other people can hold you back. Or sometimes they're just way ahead of you and you can't keep up." But some students, though they know that it may not be as productive as working alone, prefer to study with friends. Engineering junior Tim Teramoto said he welcomes the company and distraction of others during finals. "I should probably work by myself," Teramoto said. "But I'd rather study with other people even though I know it's less efficient. I guess I like to study with other people because I know it's less efficient." Each student has his or her own unique way of studying and some even have certain superstitions about finals. Kraska, for instance, likes to make sure that he studies in a variety of different rooms. "I make sure that I study in a bunch of different places," Kraska said. "That way I don't relate a particular room with one subject." And Kraska also has a lucky shirt that he wears to every final to help him get an 'A.' "So, even if I have three exams in the same week, I'll wear my shirt to all three of them," Kraska said. But all work and no play makes many students a little crazy around finals week, so some try to find ways to help relieve stress during the otherwise hectic time. Wharton junior Cecil Gouke said that he and his friends use the time before finals to have some fun and blow off studying for awhile. "If two or more of us have an exam around the same time, we'll talk about it on the way down to Atlantic City," Gouke said. "Then, on the way back, we'll mope. And finals week is usually a great time for poker too." Flores said he and his roommates are having a little contest to make finals week more interesting. "My roommates and I are growing beards to add a little humor to finals," said Flores. "We're all not going to shave for two weeks and see how it goes." And Karp said she intends to spend part of next week catching up with roommates she seldom sees. "I generally don't see my roommates because I leave the room early in the morning and don't get home until late at night," she said. "So, I'd like to take this opportunity to say 'hi' to my roommates now." Of course, there's always the occasional student who likes to avoid the stress of studying for finals altogether. "I don't usually study for finals," said Engineering freshman Raffi Curringe. "Or, I'll study for finals the day before . . . if I have time." But, it's almost over. After December 20, it's time once more to put away the books and enjoy three weeks of relaxing, non school-related activities . . . Until next semester, when it starts all over again.