The Trustee's Executive Committee approved all of the resolutions brought to them by lower committees in a short and perfunctory meeting yesterday. The president, the provost and the senior vice president also presented the small committee with reports about events under their direction at the meeting in the Faculty Club Tea Room. The Trustee's Executive Committee meets several times a year to receive reports from administrators on the various projects around the University. President Sheldon Hackney told the trustees about the Bacchae project, which asked all freshman to read the play by Euripides and discuss it in small groups. The program was to "give incoming freshman a hint of the intellectual richness of the University," Hackney told the committee. Also in his report, Hackney said that the Locust Walk committee had presented its report on diversifying the main campus thoroughfare. He said he was optimistic that the plan will result in significant changes. He also reported on convocation for graduate students and restoration of state funding to the University. Provost Michael Aiken told the trustees that new deans have been appointed in the School of Arts and Sciences and the School of Social Work. In addition, Aiken reported on various awards which members of the faculty had won including a Packard fellowship awarded to Assistant Chemistry Professor Kyle Vanderlick. Aiken also spoke about safety sessions which were offered to parents of freshman during move-in and said his office received positive responses. And Senior Vice President Marna Whittington presented the financial report of the University for the last fiscal year. The Executive Committee members accepted all the resolutions from the Budget and Finance committee for various construction and renovation projects. The committee also accepted all the resolutions from the overseer and other boards to add new members to those bodies.