According to Philadelphia Police Detective Ed Tenudo, two groups of males were involved in fist fight around midnight when one man, who had been punched in the eye, pulled a handgun and shot two bystanders before fleeing. Tenudo said the 21-year-old man, Danny Linton of the 1900 block of South 22nd Street, was apprehended by Philadelphia Police and identified as being one of the participants in the fight. He was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, recklessly endangering another person, a firearms violation, possession of instruments of crime, and conspiracy. During his arrest, police were also involved in two other chases around the Penn Tower area. In the first incident, 18-year-old Anthony Molten of the 1300 block of South Ruby Street was chased to a wall by several officers. Tenudo said Molten then turned and pointed a weapon, before jumping over the wall and falling 25 feet into the underground service exit of the Civic Center. He then jumped up and pointed his weapon at police, who fired and wounded him in the left ear. After dropping his .25 caliber pistol, Molten was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was treated for a fractured right leg and a gunshot to his left ear. In the second incident, Tenudo said, police saw a man in a blue sweatsuit hand a MAC-10 machine pistol to another male who was wearing an "eight ball" jacket. When officers tackled the jacketed man and attempted to get the weapon, the sweatsuited man hit one of the officers on the back of his head. After picking up the weapon, he handed it back to the man in the jacket, who proceeded to stick it in the mouth of one of the officers. The officer pushed the gun away, and while trying to draw his weapon, both men fled, one east, and the other into the Penn Tower parking lot. Police were unable to apprehend either man. Tenudo said the two injured men were identified as 18-year-old Stanley McFall, who was shot in the left leg, and 22-year-old Frank White who was injured in the right hand. Both men were taken to HUP, and no further information was available about their conditions. University Police Spokesperson Sylvia Canada said University Police were not involved in the incident.