Who says there is no culture in college? Not the United Minorities Council. And this weekend, they plan to prove it. Just a week before Spring Fling, the UMC is presenting a Celebration of Culture from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. tomorrow on Superblock to promote awareness of the many cultures which are represented in the University community. According to College sophomore Shailesh Rao, one of the volunteers for the event, the celebration was created to help people learn how other cultures represent themselves. "It will promote a better understanding of cultural differences," Rao said. Nine University groups will participate in the event, which organizers said will be held rain or shine. Participating groups include the Black Student League, Caribbean American Students Association, Chinese Students Association, the South Asian Society and several others. The Student Activities Council, along with the UMC, is funding the day-long event. Organizers said they expect Superblock to be full of people listening to a Reggae band or the African Women Sekere Dance Ensemble or other musical groups. During the day-long festival, students will be able to choose between such varying fare as a Chinese Lion Dance and a South Asian Fashion Show. And of course, students will be able to sample foods from many of the ethnic groups, prepared by authentic cooks. Rao said restaurants from the area, including Indian Palace, will have stands on Superblock. Rao said this is the UMC's first Celebration of Culture. The group planned one last year but it was cancelled due to rain. Korean Cultural Society external vice president Greg Shin said the groups have been planning the event for at least five months. The Wharton junior said a large tent will be set up in case of rain so the celebration can continue. Shin said he hopes the event will promote diversity on campus. "As far as I know, every UMC group is participating," Shin said. "It's an event that will show off the unique aspects of various cultures on campus." Shin said tables for each cultural group will surround a stage in the center of Superblock. Each group will have approximately 45 minutes to give a presentation. "It's going to be a fully-packed schedule," Shin said. College senior and UMC Chair Nalini Samuel said the event is a mini-Spring Fling with culture. "It's great because it's the first time minority groups have worked together to show the University community what we're all about," Samuel said, adding that she hopes the celebration becomes an annual event.