A University student was shot just above the right eye with a BB or pellet gun early Sunday morning at 40th and Walnut streets, University Police said yesterday. Police officials said the student was walking in front of McDonald's restaurant at 1:55 a.m. when he was struck above the eye with a small object. "We assume it was a BB or a pellet-type projectile," Sergeant Thomas Messner said. Messner said neither the student nor the police know where the shot came from. He was then transfered to the Shea Eye Institute for further treatment. Messner said police expected him to stay there through today. He declined to give the student's name because his parents have not yet been notified. Police had no further details on the incident. The incident was the most serious crime reported to University police over the weekend, but police also responded to several burglaries and a fire. A male student reported that two males robbed him of $70 and an automatic teller card at 3:36 a.m. Sunday on the 4300 block of Larchmont Avenue. A graduate student reported that one male assailant robbed him of $22 at midnight Saturday on the 4500 block of Spruce Street. The student said he was grabbed and threatened and then the assailant forcibly removed his wallet from his pocket. Messner said police also responded to a burglary at the Class of 1925/Modern Languages House dormitory. He said a telephone and jewelry were taken from a room. Police also responded to a burglar alarm at the University Bookstore's Computer Connection and found the west window broken at 5:19 a.m. Sunday. Police have made no arrests and have no suspects for any of these crimes. Police also responded to a fire in High Rise South at 3:30 a.m. Sunday. Messner said someone apparently lit a hallway bulletin board on fire. The Philadelphia Fire Department responded and the fire was put out before it caused significant damage. Messner said police considered the fire "extremely dangerous." He warned that if police find the person responsible he or she could face expulsion and will be prosecuted.