2011 State of the Union Drinking Game
Get drunk while getting informed
January 25, 2011, 7:38 am·
President Barack Obama will deliver his annual State of the Union address tonight at 9 p.m. If you’re not already planning on watching it, here’s a reason to tune in.
Whether you’ll be watching at home or at the Penn Dems-College Republicans joint viewing party in Huntsman Hall, this drinking game will be sure to make your experience much more enjoyable.
- Take a shot when Obama says, “We need change.”
- Take a shot when Obama says, “Let me be perfectly clear.”
- Stand up to drink when Obama receives a standing ovation.
- Help a friend finish a drink when Obama mentions bipartisanship.
- Take a shot when Obama says "red” or “blue.” Drunkenly sing our school song if he happens to say “red and blue.”
- If you’re in Wharton, take a shot when Obama contrasts Wall Street from Main Street.
- If you’re in the Nursing School, take a shot when Obama defends healthcare reform.
- If you’re in MEChA, take a shot when Obama defends immigration reform.
- Chase your drink with orange juice whenever you notice John Boehner.
Pick up Wednesday's DP for extensive (sober) coverage of the State of the Union address.