1968 Wharton graduate and Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump is well-known for his social media presence. He's also known for frequently referencing his alma mater on the campaign trail.
As it turns out, Trump has mentioned both Penn and Wharton on Twitter over a dozen times — here's a look at every time it's happened.
1. Trump thinks Wharton is better than Harvard.
2. He talked about his rise from “humble beginnings” to Wharton.
3. In 2014, someone tweeted to Trump that it was time to put a Penn graduate in the White House. Trump agreed.
4. Someone else also had a specific Penn graduate in mind.
5. Someone once said they wanted to go to Wharton and be like Donald Trump.
6. He questioned why he gets insulted on Twitter even though he went to Wharton.
I went to Wharton, made over $8 billion, employ thousands of people & get insulted by morons who can’t get enough of me on twitter...!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 12, 2013
7. Just to be clear, Donald Trump DID go to Wharton.
.@CarlyFiorina Carly—I did graduate from Wharton and did very well. Who is your fact checker? Will you apologize?— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 13, 2015
8. Because Wharton is “the best.”
@DanilluHermman The Wharton School of Finance is the best!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 26, 2013
9. And Trump must have gone to “the School of Champions.”
10. But if you want to blame everything about Trump on Wharton, think again.
"You can take the smartest kid at Wharton, the one who gets straight A's and has a 170 IQ, and if he doesn't (cont) http://t.co/hVsM4ja5— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 24, 2012
11. Trump is a “Wharton baby”.
12. Business runs in the family. When Wharton gave an award to his daughter Ivanka (who also went to Wharton), Trump took the time to tell everyone.
My daughter Ivanka is being honored by the Wharton School of Finance with the 2012 Young Leadership Award. Also (cont) http://t.co/mraKH93c— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 3, 2012
13. He did take the time to acknowledge the Penn Police officer who was shot back in September.
14. Because he loves his alma mater.
@willeshirey— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 1, 2013
"@realDonaldTrump so proud to be going to your alma mater you smart man" Great.
15. A lot.
I'm going to D.C. today to check on the hotel I'm building on Penn. AVE., and then being honored by the Wharton School of Finance, the BEST!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 22, 2014
All comments eligible for publication in Daily Pennsylvanian, Inc. publications.