The world’s first secret society for college women will be officially active at Penn in April 2014.

Alpha Delta Pi, founded at Wesleyan College in 1851, will recruit everyone from freshmen to seniors to become founding members of the new chapter in January.

The sorority will have fall open houses and will participate in the Panhellenic Recruitment Convocation in January. “We will also have an Alpha Delta Pi Leadership Consultant on campus in November to share more information and answer questions regarding our recruitment process,” said Growth & Development Manager Jennifer Dickinson.

Related: Penn sorority life expands with Alpha Delta Pi

The sorority is in the process of establishing an advisory board of local Alpha Delta Pi alumnae who will work with the new chapter.

January’s colony recruitment week will begin with an information session that will provide an overview of the sorority and its recruitment process.

Potential new members will sign up for one-on-one interviews with Alpha Delta Pi’s expansion team. This will give them the opportunity to share information about themselves and learn more about the sorority.

Related: Final sorority presents to Panhel extension

During the recruitment week, there will be a philanthropy event detailing the sorority’s partnership with Ronald McDonald’s House charities. “Our community is home to the first Ronald McDonald House in the country so it’s exciting to think about them partnering with the house,” said Associate Director of the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life Stacy Kraus. The week will end with a Bid Day celebration of the new members.

Alpha Delta Pi is the newest sorority to come to campus after Penn opened for extension in 2010.

“The Panhellenic community voted to ‘stack’ sororities in the extension process,” said Kraus. “Zeta Tau Alpha was selected to colonize first and Alpha Delta Pi was selected to colonize second.”

The colony will operate like a chartered chapter and will hold weekly meetings and various social and philanthropic events. They will also participate in Panhellenic activities on campus.

“The Leadership Consultant assigned to the colony provides significant leadership to the colony and the individual members. She leads the colony meetings and plans their membership education sessions,” said Dickinson.

Related: ZTA will be eighth sorority

During the process, colony members will be organized into committees, allowing them to learn more about the sorority and each other. Officers will then be elected before initiation and installed during the Installation celebration weekend.

Throughout the processes, the national organization will keep a close watch to make sure the colonization goes smoothly. It will look at overall colony size, breakdown of membership by class year and colony GPA, which are all factors as the chapter progresses.