Articles by Brandon Pride

09/25/21 8:08pm
We know who the players for Penn football are, but do we know which team will show up on Saturdays?
09/15/21 10:42pm
Senior Sports Editor Brandon Pride argues that Penn football's two non-conference games before it faces off against Dartmouth will be key in the team's quest to find its identity. 
09/10/21 10:42pm
After losses against two top-five ranked opponents, including three-time defending national champions UNC, the Quakers found more success against unranked Drexel, a more evenly matched adversary.  
08/24/21 8:09pm
After reading this list, expect to be a little more fluent in Quaker jargon — from the program’s storied past to its ever-changing present.  
05/11/21 7:49am
Current sports editor Brandon Pride sat down with one of his predecessors, Danny Chiarodit, and asked him 15 questions about his time at The Daily Pennsylvanian, his time at Penn, and life overall. Here's what the senior had to say.  
04/28/21 11:26pm
Current sports editor Brandon Pride sat down with one of his predecessors, Michael "Landau" Landau, and asked him 15 questions about his time at The Daily Pennsylvanian, his time at Penn, and life overall. Here's what the senior had to say. 
04/07/21 11:58pm
Current sports editor Brandon Pride sat down with one of his predecessors, senior "Big Will" DiGrande and asked him 15 questions about his time at the DP, his time at Penn, and life overall.
03/25/21 11:20am
After over a year with no sporting events, the Penn Division of Recreation and Intercollegiate Athletics has received approval to move into Ivy Phase IV, meaning that it can resume local competition beginning on Saturday, March 27. It will be the first Ivy League school to compete in the wake of the COVID-19 cancellations.
03/07/21 11:42pm
A look at some stellar players of Quaker past, and in honor of the NBA Three-Point Contest, we focus on the best Penn shooters from behind the line.
02/23/21 10:35am
Pottruck began a reopening pilot program on Feb. 3 after the Quiet Period ended, with plans to potentially reopen to all students. Chief Wellness Officer Benoit Dubé told The Daily Pennsylvanian on Feb. 23 that the protocols taken during the pilot program “have been shown to work.”
02/08/21 8:47pm
Watson, a former standout for Penn football, hoisted the Lombardi Trophy proudly on the turf of Raymond James Stadium after the Tampa Bay Buccaneers soundly defeated the reigning champion Kansas City Chiefs by a score of 31-9. 
01/26/21 10:56am
In a statement to The Daily Pennsylvanian, a Penn Athletics representative also wrote that these plans would change if the City of Philadelphia issues updated guidance. 
01/08/21 8:47pm
Copeland, who played for the New England Patriots this year, teaches a course on financial literacy with Dr. Brian Peterson. 
12/23/20 1:30pm
Philip Esformes, who orchestrated a $1 billion Medicare scheme, used proceeds to pay former Penn men's basketball coach Jerome Allen a $300,000 bribe to ensure his son's admission to Wharton.
12/11/20 11:05am
When the COVID-19 pandemic hit the United States, the sports world went into disarray. The Ivy League was among the first to act, and while their move to cancel sports was at first widely criticized, almost every other sports body eventually followed suit.
09/21/20 7:00pm
As Penn athletes continue to wait to see when they will be able to suit up for the Red and Blue again in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, four former Quakers are making their mark in the NFL. 
09/07/20 8:25pm
In July, the Ivy League canceled all athletics until at least Jan. 1, putting the status of the basketball season up in the air and leaving athletes scrambling for answers. 
09/01/20 10:07pm
With the near future of Ivy League football uncertain, we take a look at its past, specifically how the programs stack up to each other. 
08/25/20 12:45am
Former Penn wide receiver is battling for a coveted third receiver spot for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who are now quarterbacked by six-time Super Bowl champion Tom Brady. 
08/20/20 10:12pm
Here's a roundup of what recent graduates are up to since their time on campus, from signing new professional contracts to transferring schools to continue their college careers.
More Articles

Photo & Video by Brandon Pride

More media