Articles by Brandon Pride

12/07/21 8:46pm
Thomas will represent the Quakers on Jan. 8 against Dartmouth at home at the Sheerr Pool.
12/05/21 9:40pm
After a double-digit loss to then-No. 6 Villanova, Penn basketball looked to get back on track vs. Temple.
11/28/21 6:33pm
As the fall season comes to a close — the first since 2019 — we take a look at five interesting statistics from fall sports teams that were exceptionally noteworthy.
11/17/21 9:46pm
This Saturday at 1 p.m., Penn football (3-6, 1-5 Ivy) will host Princeton (8-1, 5-1) on Senior Day to close out its season. Four Daily Pennsylvanian sports reporters make their picks ahead of the game against the Tigers.
11/17/21 9:44pm
Four staff writers debate which Penn alumnus in the NFL would hypothetically have the biggest impact on the field for the Quakers today. 
11/03/21 11:41pm
This Saturday, Penn football (3-4, 1-3 Ivy) will take on the Cornell Big Red (1-6, 0-4) at Franklin Field for the annual Homecoming game. Four DP Sports reporters make their picks ahead of the big day.
10/30/21 4:15pm
In only his second collegiate start, quarterback Aidan Sayin broke out against Brown, leading an offense that couldn’t be stopped, as the Quakers routed the Bears by a score of 45-17.   
09/25/21 8:08pm
We know who the players for Penn football are, but do we know which team will show up on Saturdays?
09/15/21 10:42pm
Senior Sports Editor Brandon Pride argues that Penn football's two non-conference games before it faces off against Dartmouth will be key in the team's quest to find its identity. 
09/10/21 10:42pm
After losses against two top-five ranked opponents, including three-time defending national champions UNC, the Quakers found more success against unranked Drexel, a more evenly matched adversary.  
08/24/21 8:09pm
After reading this list, expect to be a little more fluent in Quaker jargon — from the program’s storied past to its ever-changing present.  
05/11/21 7:49am
Current sports editor Brandon Pride sat down with one of his predecessors, Danny Chiarodit, and asked him 15 questions about his time at The Daily Pennsylvanian, his time at Penn, and life overall. Here's what the senior had to say.  
04/28/21 11:26pm
Current sports editor Brandon Pride sat down with one of his predecessors, Michael "Landau" Landau, and asked him 15 questions about his time at The Daily Pennsylvanian, his time at Penn, and life overall. Here's what the senior had to say. 
04/07/21 11:58pm
Current sports editor Brandon Pride sat down with one of his predecessors, senior "Big Will" DiGrande and asked him 15 questions about his time at the DP, his time at Penn, and life overall.
03/25/21 11:20am
After over a year with no sporting events, the Penn Division of Recreation and Intercollegiate Athletics has received approval to move into Ivy Phase IV, meaning that it can resume local competition beginning on Saturday, March 27. It will be the first Ivy League school to compete in the wake of the COVID-19 cancellations.
03/07/21 11:42pm
A look at some stellar players of Quaker past, and in honor of the NBA Three-Point Contest, we focus on the best Penn shooters from behind the line.
02/23/21 10:35am
Pottruck began a reopening pilot program on Feb. 3 after the Quiet Period ended, with plans to potentially reopen to all students. Chief Wellness Officer Benoit Dubé told The Daily Pennsylvanian on Feb. 23 that the protocols taken during the pilot program “have been shown to work.”
02/08/21 8:47pm
Watson, a former standout for Penn football, hoisted the Lombardi Trophy proudly on the turf of Raymond James Stadium after the Tampa Bay Buccaneers soundly defeated the reigning champion Kansas City Chiefs by a score of 31-9. 
01/26/21 10:56am
In a statement to The Daily Pennsylvanian, a Penn Athletics representative also wrote that these plans would change if the City of Philadelphia issues updated guidance. 
01/08/21 8:47pm
Copeland, who played for the New England Patriots this year, teaches a course on financial literacy with Dr. Brian Peterson. 
More Articles

Photo & Video by Brandon Pride

More media