Articles by Brandon Pride

02/23/21 10:35am
Pottruck began a reopening pilot program on Feb. 3 after the Quiet Period ended, with plans to potentially reopen to all students. Chief Wellness Officer Benoit Dubé told The Daily Pennsylvanian on Feb. 23 that the protocols taken during the pilot program “have been shown to work.”
02/08/21 8:47pm
Watson, a former standout for Penn football, hoisted the Lombardi Trophy proudly on the turf of Raymond James Stadium after the Tampa Bay Buccaneers soundly defeated the reigning champion Kansas City Chiefs by a score of 31-9. 
01/26/21 10:56am
In a statement to The Daily Pennsylvanian, a Penn Athletics representative also wrote that these plans would change if the City of Philadelphia issues updated guidance. 
01/08/21 8:47pm
Copeland, who played for the New England Patriots this year, teaches a course on financial literacy with Dr. Brian Peterson. 
12/23/20 1:30pm
Philip Esformes, who orchestrated a $1 billion Medicare scheme, used proceeds to pay former Penn men's basketball coach Jerome Allen a $300,000 bribe to ensure his son's admission to Wharton.
12/11/20 11:05am
When the COVID-19 pandemic hit the United States, the sports world went into disarray. The Ivy League was among the first to act, and while their move to cancel sports was at first widely criticized, almost every other sports body eventually followed suit.
09/21/20 7:00pm
As Penn athletes continue to wait to see when they will be able to suit up for the Red and Blue again in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, four former Quakers are making their mark in the NFL. 
09/07/20 8:25pm
In July, the Ivy League canceled all athletics until at least Jan. 1, putting the status of the basketball season up in the air and leaving athletes scrambling for answers. 
09/01/20 10:07pm
With the near future of Ivy League football uncertain, we take a look at its past, specifically how the programs stack up to each other. 
08/25/20 12:45am
Former Penn wide receiver is battling for a coveted third receiver spot for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who are now quarterbacked by six-time Super Bowl champion Tom Brady. 
08/20/20 10:12pm
Here's a roundup of what recent graduates are up to since their time on campus, from signing new professional contracts to transferring schools to continue their college careers.
08/19/20 4:57pm
After his final collegiate season was cut short, Andrew Hally decided to go out on his own terms.
08/18/20 7:15pm
Penn will add four new recruits, all guards, to its basketball team this year. All were accomplished in high school and a couple have Ivy League familial ties. 
08/11/20 5:26pm
President Trump cited his lack of a college football experience at Penn when talking about his opinions on the uncertain upcoming NCAA season.
08/02/20 9:45pm
Former Penn basketball standout has signed a professional basketball contract with the BBL, Germany's premier league. 
07/28/20 12:02am
Penn graduate George Orton was the first Candian gold medalist, founded Penn ice hockey, and was a pioneer of Philadelphia sports, but today he has been all but forgotten. 
07/21/20 12:03am
The decision to not have a fall season will mean that Penn sprint football supporters will have to wait a little longer to see the team's first new coach in 50 years. 
07/12/20 12:04am
In the wake of several peer institutions cutting multiple varsity sports, Penn Athletics has committed to maintaining its current number of 33. 
07/09/20 3:43pm
The Big Green join a growing list of Penn’s peers, including Brown and Stanford, that have cut varsity sports in recent times due to revenue lost from the coronavirus pandemic.
07/08/20 4:25pm
The Ivy League announced that it will not have fall sports, becoming the first Division I conference to make such a decision.
More Articles