06-14-18-wharton-global-forum-amy-gutmann-photo-from-wharton-school
Former Penn President Amy Gutmann speaks at the Wharton Global Forum in New York on June 14, 2018 (Photo from Wharton School).

The 2023 Wharton Global Forum will be hosted at the Shangri-La hotel in Singapore from March 10 to 11.

The conference will bring together over 600 leaders in government and business, Wharton professors and alumni, entrepreneurs, inventors, and industry leaders. The speakers will discuss pressing issues that businesses around the world are facing, focusing particularly on advancement in Singapore and Asia.

Dean of the Wharton School Erika James, former U.S. Ambassador to Russia and China Jon Huntsman, Jr., and Deputy Prime Minister of Singapore and Minister for Finance Lawrence Wong are scheduled to speak at the forum. Additional speakers hail from companies such as J.P. Morgan and the Monetary Authority of Singapore.

According to a press release, conference topics will include fintech, ESG, and artificial intelligence. The conference will feature roundtable discussions, masterclasses, and networking opportunities.

The upcoming conference will be the first in-person Wharton Global Forum since the 2019 forum in London, due to the challenges of COVID-19. Past Wharton Global Forums have been hosted in cities such as Beijing, Amsterdam, New York, and Miami.

Sam Lundquist, the chief advancement officer at Wharton External Affairs, wrote to the DP that Wharton's planning for this forum has been “a multi-year production.”

Lundquist said that the event faced many challenges because it was initially planned to take place in 2020 but was finally realized in 2023.

“What excites me most is getting to see Dean Erika James lead a Global Forum for the first time. She’s traveled the world this year, as part of the Wharton Impact Tour," Lundquist wrote. "I can’t wait to see her impact on the assembled alumni and business leaders — she has an inspired vision for the school and its place in the world."

Lundquist went on to write that the Wharton School was able to “adapt and evolve” during the pandemic and was able to maintain strong connections with alumni, business partners, and government officials.