10-30-21-penn-football-vs-brown-isaiah-malcome-sukhmani-kaur
Graduate student running back Isaiah Malcome breaks away from the defensive line to run down the field during the game against Brown on Oct. 30. Credit: Sukhmani Kaur

This Saturday, Penn football (3-4, 1-3 Ivy) will take on the Cornell Big Red (1-6, 0-4) at Franklin Field for the annual Homecoming game. Four DP Sports reporters make their picks ahead of the big day.

Penn 31, Cornell 17 - Brandon Pride, Senior Sports Editor

The last time these two teams met, Penn won in a nail-biter by a score of 21-20. It won't be that close this time. 

On offense, I'm predicting that the Quakers will stay hot, continuing to rely on their two-headed backfield while not asking freshman quarterback Aidan Sayin to do too much, but being confident that he can make plays when they're needed. On defense, it will be interesting to see if the Red and Blue can contain Cornell's dual-threat quarterback Jameson Wang, something Penn had a tough time doing against Dartmouth in the Ivy opener. I think Penn learned its lesson and coach Ray Priore will coast to his seventh straight victory over the Big Red. 

Penn 34, Cornell 20 - Jackson Joffe, Sports Reporter

Fresh off a season-changing 45-17 rout of Brown, the Quakers will continue to find success on the ground against a Cornell team that has allowed the second-most touchdowns in the Ivy League. Graduate student Isaiah Malcome ran for 128 yards on just 9 carries in last week's win over Brown, and the Big Red were already gashed for 323 rushing yards two weeks ago against the Bears. Neither defense has been particularly proficient this year, so expect a big action Quaker victory to start off November.  Red and Blue kicker Dan Karrash nets a career-high four field goal kicks in this high-scoring affair. 

Penn 30, Cornell 13 - Ashil Srivastava, Sports Reporter

The Quakers have blown out their opponents in all of their wins. Cornell has lost to every single Ivy League team they’ve played this year. The Quakers should use their stronger rushing game led by running back Isaiah Malcome against a Cornell defense that has struggled and allowed an average of almost 29 points per game this year. Penn also has the defensive advantage, but will need to neutralize Cornell’s pass-heavy offense in order to secure a victory. Nonetheless, Penn should be the favorite heading into this game.

Penn 35, Cornell 17 - Grayson Catlett, Sports Reporter

The Quakers are coming into this match with momentum after a decisive win against Brown. While Cornell has done a decent job of keeping up with its opponents, Penn has a great chance of outpacing Cornell at home on Saturday afternoon. Isaiah Malcome’s rushing TD streak will continue, and the Red and Blue will confidently get their second conference win.