03-27-21-penn-challenge-audience-with-masks-chase-sutton

The rules include updated guidance on mask wearing, vaccination status, ticketing policies, and concessions.

Penn Athletics' updated fall sports spectator rules went into effect this past weekend, when Penn women’s soccer kicked off the fall athletics season. The rules include updated guidance on mask wearing, vaccination status, ticketing policies, and concessions.

All fans that meet the age eligibility for the COVID-19 vaccine — 12 years and up — must indicate that they have been immunized against the virus. Fans will also be required to wear face coverings at athletics events, regardless of vaccination status. Fans that do not meet the minimum age for receiving the vaccine will also be required to wear a mask, unless under age five.

All non-ticketed events will require that fans RSVP beforehand. On the day of the event as well, spectators will need to conduct a daily symptom check. Once spectators have adhered to RSVP and symptom-checking policies, they will be able to enter the facilities an hour before the start of games.

The concessions policy has also been updated, as only individually wrapped containers will be for sale. Since full-scale concessions will not be available, fans may also bring their own food and beverages to the events, so long as they remain socially distant while they remove their mask to eat.

The spectator guidelines are a part of the University’s larger overarching guidance for all on-campus events and gatherings.