police-tape-line-do-not-cross-crime-log-penn-dental-medicine-40th-street-night

Five thefts were reported this week.

Credit: Kylie Cooper

Burglary:

Sept. 20: An unknown person entered a residence on the 4000 block of Baltimore Avenue through an unlocked rear sliding door and stole personal property.

Assault:

Sept. 18: A complainant reported that after engaging in a verbal altercation with the driver of another vehicle on 2900 Market Street, the other driver from the vehicle displayed a semi-automatic firearm.

Sept. 23: A complainant reported a staff member at the Penn Presbyterian Medical Center after being pushed in the back while being escorted out of the hospital, following a verbal dispute.

Theft from Building:

Sept.24: Complainant reported their package missing from the lobby of 4100 Chestnut.

Sept. 24: Complainant reported her package was opened and its contents missing from the 4000 block of Chestnut Street.

Retail Theft:

Sept. 23: An unaffiliated suspect identified as John McGorry took merchandise from the CVS on 39th Street and attempted to leave without payment. Arrest was made.

Auto Theft:

Sept. 21: Complainant reported he left his truck running on 3400 Market Street while he went into the store, but upon his return, the truck was gone. The vehicle was recovered in New Jersey and the case was exceptionally cleared.

Sept. 21: Complainant reported he parked his vehicle illegally on 100 block of S. 43rd Street while in the store, but upon his return, the vehicle was gone.