coronavirus-campus-people-in-mask-walk-tampons

Students who returned to Philadelphia for the fall semester wear masks along Locust Walk, defining the new normal of college campus. 

Credit: Sukhmani Kaur

We find ourselves embarking on a historic semester. 

Students continue to take courses online amid the coronavirus pandemic, some in West Philadelphia, and others in their homes around the globe. Professors are trying to accommodate students in different time zones. First-year students are adjusting to college, while seniors are searching for jobs. There are many questions we must tackle surrounding testing, academics, and what the future looks like for the Penn community. The Daily Pennsylvanian is committed to providing our readers with timely and thoughtful news during this uncertain time.

Initially, we were planning on releasing a print edition of the DP, with 34th Street Magazine as an insert. But since Penn announced an entirely virtual semester, we have adjusted our plans. We will be pausing print production of the DP and Street for the remainder of the semester, and will re-evaluate based on the University’s plans for the spring. 

Credit: Sukhmani Kaur

The Daily Pennsylvanian will cut its print product for the fall 2020 semester, but will continue to publish online. 

While we will not be printing this semester, we remain more committed than ever to our digital product. Expect to see engaging new digital projects, enterprise stories, photos, and videos that will capture what it means to be a Penn student during a global pandemic. 

We are deeply saddened that we can not engage with the Penn community through our print product this semester. In lieu of print, we are working on exciting new ways to keep you informed through our digital products. We are producing better and faster content than ever, and our service as Penn’s premier media organization has never been more needed than now. 

ISABELLA SIMONETTI is a rising College senior from New York, N.Y. studying English. Her email address issimonetti@thedp.com. She is the president of the 136th Board of The Daily Pennsylvanian, Inc.