penn-dental-medicine-broken-window-glass-police-line-do-not-cross-tape-vandalism

Windows were broken on the outside of the School of Dental Medicine building.

Credit: Kylie Cooper

Civil unrest near Penn's campus prompted a UPennAlert Tuesday night. 

According to the Division of Public Safety's website, 60 people dressed in all black wearing black masks marched from Clark Park on 43rd Street and Baltimore Ave. to 40th and Chestnut Streets.

Credit: Sukhmani Kaur

The sidewalk outside of the School of Dental Medicine was littered with broken glass.

The group damaged several buildings on 40th Street and vandalized a marked Penn police vehicle, DPS's website said.

Windows were broken on the outside of the Penn Dental building on 40th Street between Spruce and Locust Streets, and the phrase “nerds call cops“ was graffitied on the exterior of Gregory College House and Allegro Pizza.

Credit: Kylie Cooper

The phrase "Nerds call cops" was graffitied onto the side of Gregory College House.

The initial UpennAlert was sent to the Penn community at 9:37 p.m., and a 10:00 p.m. update on the DPS website reported that the crowd had returned to Clark Park, and that the Philadelphia Police were on the scene.

According to the website, the crowd dispersed from Clark Park at 10:10 p.m. An all-clear update was issued at 10:21 p.m.

This is a developing story that was last updated at 12:14 a.m. Please check back here for updates.