crime-log-nov-12
Credit: Carson Kahoe

DUI:

Oct. 25: The suspect got into a car accident while riding a motorized scooter. Upon investigation, the suspect was found to be intoxicated. The incident occurred on the 4100 block of Spruce Street at about 7:35 p.m. The 38-year-old unaffiliated male suspect, Ishmeal Watts, was arrested.

Oct. 26: The suspect was observed driving carelessly. Upon investigation, the suspect was found to have an open container of alcohol in her vehicle, bloodshot eyes, a strong odor of alcohol on her, and slurred speech. The incident occurred on the 4200 block of Spruce Street at about 2:04 a.m. The 26-year-old unaffiliated female suspect, Sabrina Coulter, was arrested.

Harassment:

Oct. 29: A confidential case of harassment by communication was reported at Leidy Dorm, located at 3700 Spruce St., at about 11:54 p.m.

Oct. 29: A confidential case of harassment by communication was reported at 4000 Pine St., at about 5:30 p.m.

Stalking:

Oct. 25: A confidential case of stalking was reported at the Penn Alexander School, located at 4209 Spruce St., at about 8:00 a.m.

Defiant Trespass:

Oct. 25: The suspect was seen in a private room within a private building with no cause to be there. The incident occurred at Levine Hall, located at 3330 Walnut St., at about 7:14 a.m. The 27-year-old unaffiliated male suspect, Angel Boyd, was arrested.

Other Offense:

Oct. 27: Two coworkers were engaged in a verbal altercation. The suspect threw a plastic bin at the complainant, which hit his arm and face. There were no signs of injury. A private criminal complaint was advised to the complainant. The incident occurred at the Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, located at 51 N. 39th St., at about 12:37 p.m.

Auto theft:

Oct. 30: The complainant reported that her vehicle was stolen after leaving it with the valet service at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania at about 5:28 a.m..

Bike Theft:

Oct. 26: The complainant reported leaving his bike unsecured at the bike rack, and it was gone when he returned. The incident occurred at Huntsman Hall at about 1:30 p.m.

Oct. 30: The complainant reported leaving his bike unsecured at a street sign, and it was gone when he returned. The incident occurred at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, located at 3400 Spruce St., at about 5:30 p.m.

Oct. 30: The complainant reported leaving her bike secured with a U-Lock to the bike rack, but it was gone when she returned. The incident occurred on the unit block of S. 39th Street at about 8:50 p.m.

Oct. 31: The complainant reported leaving his bike secured with a cable lock to the bike rack, but it was gone when he returned. The incident occurred at Lauder College House, located at 3335 Woodland Walk, at about 6:30 a.m.

Retail Theft:

Oct. 30: The complainant reported that several juveniles took merchandise and left the store without paying. The incident occurred at the Wawa located at 3744 Spruce St. at about 9:20 p.m.

Theft from Building:

Oct. 30: The complainant reported several items missing from the office at Vance Hall, located at 3733 Spruce St., at about 3:00 p.m.

Theft from Vehicle:

Oct. 25: The complainant reported that the vehicle was parked on the street, then she discovered that the catalytic converter had been removed. The incident occurred on the 4000 block of Baltimore Avenue at about 9:33 a.m.