sprint-football-eddie-jenkins
Credit: Izzy Crawford-Eng

After the end of the season for sprint football, field hockey, men’s soccer, and cross country, All-Ivy honorees were announced, and several members of the Red and Blue made the list.

For sprint football, the Quakers had three first team All-Collegiate Sprint Football League selections, including the League's Most Valuable Player, senior quarterback Eddie Jenkins. Along with Jenkins, the other first team selections were sophomore running back Laquan McKever, senior offensive lineman Matt McDermott, and junior linebacker Aaron Johnson. In addition, Jenkins was awarded the Kay Trophy, which is voted upon by the League's coaches and awarded to the top overall performer.

Jenkins finished his final season with the Quakers with 570 rushing yards, averaging 81.4 rushing yards per game. He also added 16 touchdowns to his rushing total in 2019. Through the air, Jenkins finished the season with a 66.7% completion percentage, 1207 passing yards, and 11 touchdowns. In total, Jenkins accounted for 27 touchdowns for Penn. Jenkins' performance led Penn to a 5-2 finish, as the team ended the year on a two-game winning streak.

For field hockey, the team saw one first team All-Ivy selection in Alexa Schneck and three second team All-Ivy picks. The senior forward Schneck was named to the All-Ivy first team in addition to the National Field Hockey Coaches Association Mid-Atlantic All-Region first team. Additionally, sophomore midfielder/defender Gracyn Banks, sophomore forward Madison Jiranek, and freshman defender Elita van Staden were all named to the All-Ivy second team.

This is Schneck's fourth All-Ivy selection with Penn. She is one of just three players in program history to receive an All-Ivy selection in all four years with the program. Schneck is one of just 11 Ivy League athletes to earn a NFHCA first-team All-Region honors. She closed out her career with 53 total points in 66 starts, including 19 goals and 15 assists. In Ivy League play, she had 37 points in 28 contests.

Credit: Son Nguyen

Four athletes across the men's and women's cross country teams were named All Mid-Atlantic Region honorees. On the men's side, junior Anthony Russo and senior Will Daly received All-Region honors, while on the women's side, sophomore Ariana Gardizy and senior Nia Akins picked up the same honors.

For men's soccer, five players received All-Ivy honors. The Quakers received two first-team All-Ivy selections – junior defender Alex Touche and junior midfielder Joey Bhangdia. Additionally, freshman defender Kai Lammers earned a second team All-Ivy spot. Lastly, senior midfielder Brandon Bartel and junior forward Jake Kohlbrenner both received honorable mention recognition. 

In addition to the five All-Ivy awards for Penn, Touche was named the Ivy League Defensive Player of the Year. Touche anchored a Penn defense that posted three shutouts and allowed just five goals across seven Ivy League matchups.