The Daily Pennsylvanian is a student-run nonprofit.

Please support us by disabling your ad blocker on our site.

3e930048-56e9-4d63-965d-dbc5afc0ae53-original

More than 98% of the 664 Wharton MBA graduates seeking employment received job offers, according to the 2019 report.

Credit: Sam Holland

A report released on Oct. 23 found that Wharton MBA graduates from the Class of 2019 have a median base salary of $150,000, an 11 percent increase from last year’s base salary of $135,000.

According to the 2019 report, more than 98 percent of the 664 graduates seeking employment received job offers. Additionally, 100 percent of Wharton MBAs from the Class of 2020 landed an internship. 

“We’re pleased at the high rates of success our students have achieved across such a diverse set of roles and industries post-graduation,” Director of Wharton MBA career management Michelle Hopping told Poets & Quants. “One of the assets of Wharton is the continued strength of the resources and the network that help students land in industries, functions, and geographies across the board.”

Nearly all career fields saw an improvement in median base salary. Wharton MBAs in consulting positions earned 12 percent more in compensation compared to last year, while those in financial services jobs earned 15.4 percent more. 

Furthermore, Wharton has experienced its highest number of venture capital job placements to date. The 2019 numbers represent a 147 percent jump from 2018, and a 250 percent increase from 2017.

“This year, venture capital hired students in greater numbers thanks to a historically strong environment for investment and fundraising in the market, combined with the support of the school across career management, student clubs, and other programs," Hopping told Poets & Quants.

The career report also states the location choices of employment for post-graduates, with most most MBA graduates remaining in the United States (87.7 percent). The other 12.3 percent entered work outside the United States, predominantly in Asia (7.1 percent) followed by Europe (3.4 percent).

All comments eligible for publication in Daily Pennsylvanian, Inc. publications.