09-15-19-police-melaniehilman-02
Credit: Melanie Hilman

Burglary:

Sept. 23: The complainant reported finding the rear basement door open when she returned home, but there were no signs of forced entry. The incident occurred on the 3900 block of Spruce Street at about 10:26 p.m.

Robbery:

Sept. 23: The complainant reported that the suspect approached her on his bike and took her phone from her hand as he rode by. The incident occurred at the intersection of 41st and Locust streets at about 4:40 p.m.

Indecent Exposure:

Sept. 23: The witness saw a male in a parked car calling people over to him as they walked by and then exposing himself to the passersby. The incident occurred at the intersection of 40th and Baltimore Ave. at about 4:24 p.m.

Defiant Trespass:

Sept. 24: The suspect had been given multiple verbal warnings in the past that he may not be in the building without a legitimate reason for being there. The 30-year-old unaffiliated male suspect, Jermaine Kamara, was given a citation for defiant trespass at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania at about 6:25 p.m.

Assault:

Sept. 24: A confidential case of domestic assault was reported at the UPS Store located at 3730 Spruce St. at about 2:08 p.m.

Bike Theft:

Sept. 24: The complainant reported that her locked bike was missing from the bike rack at Levine Hall at about 11:30 a.m.

Theft from Building:

Sept. 20: The complainant reported cash missing from her room at W.E.B. DuBois College House at about 10 a.m.

Sept. 21: The complainant reported that her laptop was missing from an unattended cubicle in Van Pelt Library at about 3:50 p.m.

Sept. 23: The complainant reported laptops missing from a secured room at the Veterinary School, located at the intersection of 38th and Spruce streets at about 5 p.m.

Sept. 24: The complainant reported items missing from a locked refrigerator at the Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine at about 3 p.m.

Sept. 25: The complainant reported his bag filled with personal items was missing from a common area where he left it unattended. The incident occurred at the FMC Tower, located at 2929 Walnut St., at about 8:03 p.m.

Theft all Other:

Sept. 23: The complainant reported that his secured bike had its rear tire and gear assembly removed. The incident occurred at 3624 Market St. at about 8:50 a.m.

Sept. 24: The complainant reported his secured bike had its front tire removed. The incident occurred at 3701 Market St. at about 10:30 a.m.

Sept. 26: The complainant reported that his secured bike had its seat removed at Rodin College House at about 7 p.m. 

Retail Theft:

Sept. 24: The suspect was reported taking merchandise and exiting the premises without paying. The incident occurred at the CVS located at 3925 Walnut St. at about 11:24 a.m.