police-line

Assault:

Feb. 15: On the 3800 block of Chestnut Street, at about 7:25 p.m., a person reported being struck in the face with a closed fist by an unknown suspect.

Feb. 17: A confidential assault was reported. A 40-year-old unaffiliated male suspect, Jermaine Fowler, was arrested.

Feb. 20: A confidential assault was reported.

Public Drunkenness:

Feb. 16: At about 12:12 a.m., on the 4100 block of Spruce Street, a person refused to pay her cab fare. She was yelling, smelled of alcohol, and had bloodshot eyes and an unsteady gait. The 33-year-old unaffiliated female suspect, Roisin ONeill, was given a citation.

Robbery:

Feb. 17: At about 3:20 a.m., at the 7-Eleven convenience store at 42nd and Walnut streets, two suspects were reported taking items from the store. Upon being confronted, one suspect removed a silver handgun from his jacket and yelled “get back, get back” and fled the premises.

Burglary:

Feb. 18: On the 3800 block of Walnut Street, at about 3 p.m., upon returning to the premises, the complainant reported discovering that a window had been forced open. Personal items had been taken from the property.

Vandalism:

Feb. 19: On the 4000 block of Baltimore Avenue, at about 1:16 p.m., graffiti was reported on street poles.

Disorderly Conduct:

Feb. 19: At the Wawa located at 37th and Spruce Streets at about 11:58 a.m., a man was reported to police for loitering. After police asked the defendant to leave, he became verbally combative and refused to leave the premises. The unaffiliated 49-year-old male suspect, Mark Casen, was arrested.

Theft from Vehicle:

Feb. 15: On the 4200 block of Chestnut Street, at about 12:01 a.m., the complainant reported an unknown suspect removed items from the glove box of their vehicle.

Theft from Building:

Feb. 15: At the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, at about 6:00 p.m., the complainant reported that a piece of jewelry was missing from their person.

Retail Theft:

Feb. 16: At the CVS located near 39th and Walnut Streets, at about 12:31 p.m., the complainant reported seeing the suspect take items, place them in a suitcase, and then leave the store without paying.

Feb. 20: At the Penn Bookstore, at about 10:07 a.m., the complainant reported seeing the suspect pick up an item, place it in a bag, and then leave the store without paying.

Bike Theft:

Feb. 19: At Harrison College House, at about 5 p.m., the complainant reported an unknown suspect removing their unsecured bicycle from the bike rack.