police-line

Burglary:

Jan. 25: On the 100 block of S. 39th Street, at about 3:15 p.m., an unknown individual followed a resident into their home and entered the property. The suspect then left the home before police arrived to the scene. No property was reported missing.

Jan. 28: At the School of Veterinary Medicine, at about 5:00 p.m. a report was made that a person discovered someone attempted to pry open the door to a trailer. 

Vandalism:

Jan. 25: At the Penn Museum garage at about 11:00 a.m., a report was made that the seats of someone's vehicle had been slashed.

Sex Offense:

Jan. 27: A woman reported that while at 300 University Ave. at about 7:30 p.m., someone grabbed her buttocks as he passed by her. The report was followed by another report, made by a different woman, reporting a similar offense on the 3700 block of Spruce Street at about 7:45 p.m.

Two other similar reports were made at about 8:30 p.m. and at 9 p.m. in the same area, with the same offense. Five total reports were made regarding indecent assault, with the fifth on Jan. 29 being marked as confidential.

Three of these incident assaults near 38th and Woodland Walk were reported in The Daily Pennsylvanian following a UPennAlert. 

Defiant Trespass:

Jan. 27: At the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, at about 9:15 a.m., an unaffiliated 29-year-old male who was not allowed to enter the hospital went into the building. The male refused to leave the premises. An arrest was made.

Jan. 28: At the Wawa located at 3744 Spruce St., at about 8:45 a.m., an unaffiliated, 67-year-old male suspect was seen inside the store and was warned that he did not have permission to enter the property. An arrest was made. 

Disorderly Conduct:

Jan. 29: At the intersection of 38th and Walnut streets, at around 1:15 p.m., an unaffiliated 35-year-old male was seen harassing the public with a sex toy. A suspect has been arrested. 

Fraud:

Jan. 28: On Hill Pavilion, located at 380 University Ave., about 10:00 a.m., a report was made that a person received a fraudulent email from an unknown person claiming to be a supervisor requesting the purchase of gift cards.

Jan. 29: At Hill College House at about 12:00 p.m., a report was made that a person lost their PennCard. They then discovered that purchases had been made with the PennCard without their knowledge.

DUI:

Jan. 29: On the 200 block of South 39th Street, at about 9:15 p.m., police responded to a minor vehicle collision. When the police arrived on scene, they investigated the driver and found that they had glassy eyes, slurred speech, and an odor of alcoholic beverage. The unaffiliated 45-year-old male was arrested.

Theft:

Jan. 26: A theft was reported at Thai Singha House located at 3906B Chestnut St. with losses totaling more than $200. A Canada Goose jacket was stolen.

Jan. 28: A theft was reported at the CVS located at 3925 Walnut St. The theft was either attempted or under $50. Another theft was reported on Jan. 29 at this CVS, but with losses totaling between $50 to $199.99. 

Jan. 29: At Pottruck Health and Fitness Center, a theft was reported from the building, with losses totaling between $50 to $199.99. 

Jan. 30: The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania reported a theft with under $50 in losses.